1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Release NEO U9-H FW008 (20180209)

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - John, Mar 19, 2018.

1. RBART

RBART New Member

Hello everyone, I just bought a Minix U9-H (FW007A 20171020) and I have no experience with this new exceptional product. Now my problem is that I can not update the FW008 firmware with the Minix OTA application. The application made the download (about 47 mb) reboot but then I immediately error. I have no experience with this Android system but, in simple terms, what should I do? Thanks Renato

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Download the full image : http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=U9H_FW008_20180209_S912.zip

and flash it using the USB tools : http://www.minixforum.com/threads/how-to-use-the-usb-zip-update-method-x6-x8-series.6828/

3. RBART

RBART New Member

Thank you for your answer ! I followed the instructions (leave the file in .zip format, do not decompress it), formatted a USB pen from my PC (Fat 32) downloaded the firmware and copied it into the pen. When I start the installation after a while these are the messages:
    E: Footer is wrong
    E: Signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    E: can not load volume / misc!
    I see that there is the possibility for the installation to use an SD-Card. In the Minix I have a card from Samsung 32 GB but I can not read the card formatted by the Minix on my PC. Do I have to format it in the PC before using it? Any advice is welcome !! Thanks Renato

4. skynet

Sorry, i forgot the main tutorial link : http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-u1-full-system-image-reflashing-guide.10046/

5. RBART

RBART New Member

Thanks again for your answer! I think it is extremely complicated for me to be able to update the firmware of the Minix U9-H. I tried different methods to upgrade and none went well! I'm sorry maybe there should be a (1) simpler and more functional way to upgrade. I am used to Apple products where everything is extremely functional and simple. Thanks for everything

6. skynet

have you read this part ?
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-u1-full-system-image-reflashing-guide.10046/

The first part is to check your file is good (not corrupted by a bad download)
    The second part is to explain how to install USB tools on a PC (screenshots)
    Then how to connect the U9 to the PC using an USB cable.

With this tutorial you can restore your box as it was on the first day of use ;)

7. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

I agree, it seems unacceptable that normal and inexperienced users should be expected to have to flash firmware using usb flash tools or sd cards etc.

Can I suggest that you try the OTA again by
    1) enter the recovery menu by powering down your u9-h and then press the power button and hold for about 10 secs ( then release) and you should get the recovery menu
    2) then use your remote control/mouse/keyboard to select the wipe cache partition , press enter and let it complete, it should only take a few seconds
    3) then select the wipe data/factory reset option and press enter ( note this will restore your minix to as bought and wipe out any apps you have installed)
    4) re power up your minix in the normal way, let it settle down and load and then try the OTA update again.

make sure you select the minix OTA app
    MINIX-FOTA.jpg

8. Fjodor2000

Fjodor2000 Member

Yes, we do. The last significant update was FW007A, which was released on 2017-10-20. Since then FW008 has been released on 2018-02-09, but only with minor bugfixes. No Android 7.0, much less 8.1 for that matter.

So essentially, 9 months without any substantial FW update and no estimate of any either. That is despite that there are plenty of serious unfixed bugs that have been reported on this forum. I don't know how to interpret that...

nineteenth and kingsizept like this.
  9. vfc

vfc Active Member

after promises that software for this box will be updated, we will soon be told that the box has been on the market over the 2 year period and as such we should not expect any software updates etc etc.
    I have always enjoyed my various boxes and am still using the X7 (my wife, who is not fussy and uses only a couple of items on it) and all the others but am very dissapointed that we do not get updates like other expensive boxes do. If i was spending Euro 50 on a box then I do not expect a very good service but when spending well over Euro 120 - 175, yes then I thing we shlould be updated. I have 2 U1 + 1 U9 on which a cam cannot be operated for skype and this has been like this for well over 1 year.
    I have alway reccommended and praised Minix to my friends and now feel so let down.

nineteenth, kingsizept and jackie999 like this.
  10. litvcom

litvcom New Member

Partly agree, Amlogic has already released an update to 8.0 for S912.

kingsizept likes this.
  11. cateyez

cateyez New Member

Hi Guys, im new to forum and to this device as well. I tried to update my firmware through USB method and it gives below error,
    E: Footer is wrong
    E: Signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    E: can not load volume / misc!

i also tried OTA method and application is not detecting any device. my PC usb is detecting the connected device.

12. skynet

Try to download the file again with this link : https://mega.nz/#!F5wCCKAb!zcmIz5Cg7zxx_KRKaYlfo_PJbB-exg2oXGnkcM7V3wQ

Then check file integrity : MD5 checksum: 075c3d2581b6e34018fd173da6c921aa

13. cateyez

cateyez New Member

Thanks for the quick response my dear, i now updated to the new version.
    Just wanted to ask why i'm not able to update directly from the device (system update) section ?

14. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Were you running the System Update app or accessing the System update via Settings, About?

15. cateyez

cateyez New Member

via App

16. bekar

bekar New Member

When the new firmware is released!,!,! Everyone is already tormented struggling with mistakes NEO U9-H FW008 (20180209) .. Never again buy MINIX !!!!

17. Cerebric

Cerebric Member

Please make a mac osx how to(y)

18. Herbie

Herbie New Member

Hi, i would like to update to the latest firmware on my U9h and my OTA app has disappeared. I've tried to reinstall the app through ES File Explorer with no luck.
    I've now tried to update via zip and usb, also no luck(waiting for command). I'm currently stuck on FW005. Any help would be much appreciated.

19. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

When are we getting a new update? Seems like terrible support. We stopped selling MINIX products, until their support gets up to date. We've never received Android updates as well. I think this may be the normal method for MINIX. 3 different models so far and never an Android update for any of them?
    Even though it may not matter, or make a difference on how the box runs, customers see Android 8 boxes and buy those instead, and usually for less money.

jackie999 and kingsizept like this.