1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Release NEO U9-H FW008 (20180209)

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - John, Mar 19, 2018.

1. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

also in agreement
    regretably official minix support and development has been pretty much non existant ( particularly for the android devices) for quite some time now, ( around the time @MINIX - Ken found pastures new)

it is evident from how quiet the forums are now that users have either given up hope and or bought alternative products

nineteenth and kingsizept like this.
  2. sanel

sanel New Member

Amlogic has released 8.0 soon to go 8.1 my son of 17 months has started to compile a sentence, minix did not release 7.1 android

3. reaklif

reaklif Member

Some movies in 4K UHD with Atmos still don't play smoothly. Although the most do play flawless, some are still to big and get a freeze from seconds to minutes and begin to stutter.

I read that android 6 is not the best android for Kodi and movie players in common. When i see that amlogic has allready released android 8.0 i find it more then normal that Minix is working hard to get their flagship U9 on Oreo.

Please Minix, to stay on top you have to upgrade it. Give us some info.

4. litvcom

litvcom Member

5. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

After doing some research I see Minix boxes are fading in YouTube discussions and the top 10 Android unit lists. The U9-h was almost always right under Nvidia Shield.
    The U1 was abandoned so fast. Now the Amazon fire products get better reviews. I reached out to MINIX, since we were selling and modifying their boxes, but never got a reply. Has anyone else reached out to them, to find out why they have gone quiet? MINIX U products were always our number 1 recommended product.

kingsizept likes this.
  6. RedGreen

RedGreen New Member

I think the company is close to dead if I read my tea leaves correctly.

kingsizept and keanustar like this.