1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

NEO U9-H keeps freezing

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by monologue, Sep 12, 2017.

1. monologue

monologue New Member

Hey all,
    I have a new NEO U9-H, but unfortunately my device keeps freezing when my micro SD card is inserted in the TF slot. I usually get a black screen and none of the buttons on my remote work. After a while, I get an error pop-up saying "Minix METRO stopped working. Do you want to close the app?" (see attachment). When this happens the entire box freezes. I can't even turn off the box , so I'm forced to pull the plug.

When I remove the micro SD card, everything works fine. When I use the micro SD card in a USB adapter, the problem doesn't occur. It only occurs when it's inserted directly in the TF slot.
    The micro SD card works fine in my smartphone and laptop, so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. It's a Sandisk Ultra 32GB SDHC class 10. Formatting to FAT32 or NTFS doesn't make a difference.

I already did a factory reset, but that didn't help. I'm running FW006 (I installed this FW update when I got the device, using the USB flashing tool).

Any help? Is my device faulty?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Hi,

Can you try with another µSD ?
    If the hardware part is dead it shouldn't work anymore but you need to be sure of this before asking a RMA.
  3. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

I have the exact same card, except 64gb. It is plugged directly in the slot, formatted NTFS. Not sure why it works with USB and not the slot.
  4. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Maybe the slot is dead. To be sure he must try with another one.
  5. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

Totally agree. That would be the only way to be sure.
  6. monologue

monologue New Member

I bought a new micro SD card (Samsung brand this time), and my NEO U9-H seems to be working fine (so far) with it.
    So it seems the problem was indeed caused by my first micro SD card. Which is strange because it works fine in all my other devices.
    Eitherway, the problem is solved. Thank you all. :)
  7. TurocK

TurocK New Member

Glad to hear that.
  8. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Active Member

Known problems with some brands of microSDHC card when used with AML Hardware.

Rrecommended microSDHC cards for the best AMLogic compatibility are:

All Class 10 U1's - best bang for the buck:

Samsung EVO EVO+ EVO Select
    Sandisk
    Lexar 300x

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-microsd-card/