1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

NEO-U9-h Will Not Update Firmware

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by RMC, Dec 4, 2017.

1. RMC

RMC New Member

I've had my Neo-u9-h box for almost a year. Tried to update firmware via OTA, and I get an error. I'm using Ethernet, but WiFi doesn't work either. All advice is welcomed. Version 6.0.1 Android.

Screenshot_20171203-214133.png
  2. Cizzz

Cizzz Active Member

What error do you get?

Often deleting the OTA cache first, it allows you to do the upgrade. If that is not working start up into the recovery menu and delete the Dalvik cache, reboot and try again.
  3. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

4. RMC

RMC New Member

The error is the little robot stamped ERROR. When updating the firmware, it goes through the entire download. When MINIX reboots, I get the message. I saw virtually no cache when I checked, I will look again. And consider the dalvik cache. BTW - where is the the dalvik cache you speak of and will my settings/apps be effected if I start up in the recovery mode?
  5. Cizzz

Cizzz Active Member

You will be able to delete the Dalvik cache partition in recovery mode: "wipe cache partition". This does not delete your settings nor apps and it will re-optimize all apps and reinitiate the cache when rebooting. This is the normal behavior yet no guarantees.

If this is not working a factory reset will be your next option I'm afraid.
  6. RMC

RMC New Member

Made it to the recovery mode and cleared the cache partition. Got a 20% download (as before) and then the failure sign appeared. Dang! How important are these firmware upgrades? After eight months, this Minix box works fine (0412 release date). I worked hard on my two-page Nova Launcher and do not care to rebuild it - (OTA) still may never work for me. Factory reset - nah. Backing up apps and configurations are no guarantee, still require hours on nitpicking. I have a nvidia Shield on my 65'' Sony in the living room - need I say anymore. Really, don't want to buy a second nvidia. I like this homepage when Minix wakes from sleep mode. It would be a hassle to rebuild one on nvidia.

**Also, my ram runs super high (65-75%) with just Kodi idle in the background while watching movies on streaming apps like Terrarium, FreeFlixHQ, Netflix, or Amazon. It this a normal percentage?

Thanks for all your help.

Robert

Screenshot_20171204-182516.png

Screenshot_20171204-185408.png
  7. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

@RMC : You can save your Nova settings within Nova. It should be a good idea to do it, regarding the beautiful screens you have :)