1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Neo u9h no display after Minix logo during power up

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by gil_ghost, Nov 8, 2017.

1. gil_ghost

gil_ghost New Member

hi to all for some reason my unit just stopped working.... when I power on the unit; I can see usual Minix logo... then a few seconds screen will black out and then no video.... it was working the night before this... and it was powered down normally.... any help or advice is appreciated....

2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Have you got another HDMI cable you can try also at boot go to recovery and clear cache it may help

3. gil_ghost

gil_ghost New Member

yup tried with another cable and change TV same problem; for some reason I do not get that screen "starting android" ; could my box be bricked?

4. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Couldn't possibly tell without trying a few things first
    can you get to recovery menu (boot box from off state holding the power button in for six or so seconds)
    if nothing as changed after clearing cache you could try factory reset

5. gil_ghost

gil_ghost New Member

ok just tried this power button 6secs... same effect... how do I do a factory reset?

6. mark2

mark2 Active Member

You need to get to recovery menu as your box won't boot past the minix logo[​IMG]

7. gil_ghost

gil_ghost New Member

cant get into this menu... even if I press the power button 6secs form power down... so I guess I need to get this box returned right.... thanks for the advice mark2

8. mark2

mark2 Active Member

All i can suggest is holding in the button maybe a little longer than six seconds when booting up if no luck then like you say return it

9. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

I had to do a factory reset on a U9-H last night do to an app that was causing me grief, I held the power button in for a good 10-15 sec before I saw the Recovery menu.... as @mark2 suggests try holding it in for a bit longer .

10. gil_ghost

gil_ghost New Member

tried holding longer and same effect.... I just see the minix logo then goes blank... =( no worries I had contacted the supplier and they will send me a replacement unit...

11. jose vidal neto

jose vidal neto New Member

Olá boa tarde
    Eu tenho um minix neo U9-h tinha sido funcionando normal e de repente paralisado a tela com o logotipo minix e nenhum avanço, o que posso fazer para resolver este problema?

12. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

English please !

13. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Hello good afternoon I have a minix neo U9-h had been running normal and suddenly paralyzed the screen with the minix logo and no breakthrough, what can I do to solve this problem?

At first try a full reset. Go to recovery and select Wipe data / factory reset

MINIX - Martin likes this.
  14. MINIX - Martin

MINIX - Martin Moderator Moderator

Nice of you to translate. @skynet(y)

skynet likes this.
  15. jose vidal neto

jose vidal neto New Member

Hello good afternoon
    I have a minix neo U9-h had RUNNING been normal and suddenly a paralyzed screen with the minix logo and No Advance, What Can I Do To Solve This Problem?

16. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

skynet likes this.
  17. piquenorego

piquenorego New Member

o Minix Neo U9 está na tela android e não deixá-lo, eu tentei segurando o botão de energia por até 1 minuto e não sair dela o que posso fazer?

18. MINIX - Martin

MINIX - Martin Moderator Moderator

Factory reset, as skynet said, does not help?