1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Official Release NEO X5 mini 4.2.2 firmware (004, 11th March 2014)

Discussion in 'NEO X5 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I haven't tried that addon. I don't listen to music much on the minix, when I do I either use Spotify or listen to my own music in xbmc.

Sent using Tapatalk
  2. Rod Matthews

Rod Matthews New Member

That add on is one of the more dynamic add ons available. It is to music what Mashup and Genesis are to movies. By far the most extensive collection of music available. That's why I am here clamoring for it now! :)
  3. Higgs

The developers need to be a bit more dynamic in updating it to work on gotham

Sent using Tapatalk
  4. Higgs

Have you tried Bin@url addon, it works on SPMC.

Sent using Tapatalk
  5. lethagized

lethagized New Member

Is the latest version of netflix confirmed to be working with this firmware? I recently purchased a new minix x5 mini, but netflix won't load any videos. I can browse them just fine, so it's not an internet issue, but it doesn't load any videos. I just get a spinning loading circle. XBMC streaming and bbc i player work ok

This is my device information

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  6. If there are any plans for making another firmware, I'd like a patch for that too-dark images when playing movies.
  7. jacopo

jacopo New Member

8. crazymonkeytm

crazymonkeytm New Member

I've been trying to download this release and other one from the site but it stops at around 85MB, even using a download manager... Any clues or any other way to download it?!
  9. Joao

Joao New Member

Almost an year without any new firmware... :cry:
  10. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

X5 kitkat is in beta now.. X5mini will follow shortly
    Nepoznati Netko and Joao like this.
  11. Thank you all for working on this and keep up the good work..
    If I was on MINIX board, I would have probably hire you all...
  12. Drago88

Drago88 New Member

can't download the firmware. every time it comes to 70 MB and then the download speed drops below 10 kb/s and aborts.... server problem?
  13. Joao

Joao New Member

Could be... for me it almost stoped at 193MB with chrome... But went fine with a download manager.

PS: There is a newer version right now (4.4.2) in here: http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x5mini-kitkat-v2-2-0-community-edition.4317/
  14. Aluizio Guerra

Aluizio Guerra New Member

15. bachikho

bachikho Member

can anyone watch youtube 480p with this firmware (mine only have 360p and 720p)?
    and is there a 1080p patch for this fw?
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  16. lvt

lvt New Member

Hi,
    We need to change the logo splash boot and remove some unnecessary apps ?
    How can we do that with out Kernel Source ?
    Thanks
  17. Andrey moteiro

Andrey moteiro New Member

hi good day, I have a neo x5 mini, and he's caught the home screen I like to have the latest rom
  18. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

19. lvt

lvt New Member

Does it support HTML5 ?
    Thanks
  20. bachikho

bachikho Member

anyone have wifi issue with this fw (my X7 kitkat 240 always have 14m/s speed wifi but X5 mini with this only have 4m/s)?
    Gang4 likes this.