1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Neo X6 not switching on

Discussion in 'NEO X6' started by Ash12, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Ash12

Ash12 New Member

Hi

I recently attempted to update my Neo X6. evrything seemed to be working well until i switched it off .
    Since then , when i try to switch it on the blue light goes on then immediately goes green, with no display on the screen. It does not go into recovery mode because as soon as i switch it on it seems to go straight into standby mode. Anyone have any advice on how to get this working again ?

Thanks
  2. artouiros

artouiros Member

you should try flasing full system image via PC - see this http://www.minixforum.com/threads/how-to-flash-firmware-image-x6-x8-series.116/
    you will need a staple to hold the recovery button, I don't know if this will stike you with current, if I'd be doing this, I will definately use rubber gloves, because who knows does the chinese power adapter have a safety catch?(not kidding, don't trust in these power adapters, some people got their house fired with these, not the Minix poweradapters iteself, but some other cheap chinse power adapters)

And Minix isn't the most "trusted" company, I am sure they just order devices from some chinese basement and reflash them with changing boot logo.
    Ash12 likes this.
  3. artouiros

artouiros Member

there is a video showing this process
    Ash12 likes this.
  4. Ash12

Ash12 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I tried that , but my pc no longer detects the device since this has happened.
    Also tried the sdcard boot method without any success. The box will not switch on.
    The blue light just flashes for a second then turns green.
  5. Ash12

Ash12 New Member

Tried it again and now my pc detected the box and i was able to reflash it . All working.
    Thank you