1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Neo X6 Speed Issues (Ethernet and WiFi)

Discussion in 'NEO X6' started by Tom1981, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Tom1981

Tom1981 New Member

I purchased a Neo X6 a couple weeks before Xmas and have been having issues. The WiFi speeds I was getting were inconsistent (Minix on main floor DIRECTLY ABOVE router in the basement), so I ran a Cat5e cable up through the register. The ethernet connection is even slower than the Wifi.

So today, I decided to take the Minix box downstairs. It is now sitting about 10 feet from the router, attached by a 10ft Cat6 cable. WiFi is off, ethernet is on (on the minix box).

Using iPerf and connecting to iPerf servers running on two other computers wired into the network, I am getting send and receive speeds of ~80-90 Mbps, which is what I would expect (I believe the max Ethernet speed for this box is 100). Using iPerf and testing the send and receive speeds against iperf dot scottlinux, however, I am getting WILDLY divergent speeds, up to 40Mbps and as low as 6Mbps, often within the same test. I am using th app MagiciPerf to run the tests. Note that these speeds are better than when I was wired in with 30ft Cat5e, where I got 6Mbps received, but consistently.
    Anyhow, I am trying to figure out what the deal is. Obviously the ethernet port works or else my intranet speeds would be garbage too. I have an Actiontec v1000h router from my ISP (I believe they mandate its use, ISP is Telus Alberta). Is it possible that my router is cockblocking the Minix somehow?

For reference, my 3 other PCs are wired and consistenly get 55-60 Mbps download speeds (my plan is a 75 Mbps plan, so I figure that is about what I would expect).