1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official Release NEO X7 010 firmware (30th April 2014)

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 21, 2014.

1. flashx

flashx New Member

what about experience on the sound > pass thru issue? i have to select the other options then the pass thru in order for it to work coming from switch off state. this is becoming annoyance as i have to do this often since im using x7 again daily...
  2. TTran

TTran New Member

Hi All,

Could you please show me where OTA symbol is located? I can see OTA on Minix X8 but not in Neo X7 after updating to version 10 and it doesn't have Minix-Metro Launcher as well.

Thanks for your help.
  3. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

X7 has no visual ota app. 010 4.2.2 is last in line of the jellybean firmwares. To update to 4.4.2 requires flashing with pc.
  4. TTran

TTran New Member

Hi,

But after updating to 4.4.2 version 250, still have no visual OTA in AllAPP and I also got problem with XfinityTV Go as well. Could you please show me how to solve it?

Thanks for your help,
  5. HardwareGuru

Nothing changed in my awnser.. "x7 has no visual ota app"

Settings> about device> update
  6. TTran

TTran New Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I just wonder why in the first page, Ken talked about OTA...in the package.
  7. midnight

midnight Active Member

Read @HardwareGuru response again.....he explains how to navigate to the update location .
  8. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Now you have KitKat you will be able to receive OTA updates, if and when they become available!
    The OTA update.zip file, in Post #1, allows you to update your device without losing data if the OTA is not successful or is not possible for some reason.
    It is not possible though to update between Android versions via OTA.
  9. HardwareGuru

When a new version is available you will get a popup message automaticly wich allows you to update.
  10. leongsem

leongsem Member

any sifu can help?
    I been using neo x7 for quite sometimes, and would like to update the firmware
    can I update the firmware directly (NEO_X7_20140430_010.ZIP; download, rename it as update.zip, copy to flash drive and upgrade) directly?

the firmware of my box is 2013-10-09.4.2.006C

Thank you

and my android version is 4.2.2

thank you.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  11. leongsem

leongsem Member

hi, can you help me on this?

thank you.

12. HardwareGuru

Its exactly as you quote above.
  13. leongsem

leongsem Member

let me try again tonite, yesterday I try, it prompt me to install, but it always show invalid package

Guru, another thing is will my apps still there after update?
    and anything I need to do get the 1080 display?

thank you very much, i am very new to android box.
  14. HardwareGuru

Better flash kitkat 250 CE with pc if you want my oppinion. That OS is much newer (the other thread you asked questions)
  15. leongsem

leongsem Member

Hi Guru, my demand is very small, I opt to update because the laucher status will not auto hide when i using some apps
    and hopefully can enjoy full HD quality.

Btw this version support external hdd right?
  16. leongsem

leongsem Member

Hi Guru,
    my apps will still after upgrade right? thank you.
  17. HardwareGuru

With this zip upgrade you keep your apps/data..
  18. leongsem

leongsem Member

Hi Guru,
    do I need to install anyting to get 1080p output?
    thank you.
  19. leongsem

leongsem Member

help, after inatall the update, my home screen become empty besides status bar

notice there is blink and color change from black to dark blue

sometimes i saw there is a home screen but blink fast
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  20. leongsem

leongsem Member

Hi Guru, after update the 010 1080, I can see the home screen, but still cannot hide status bar?

in previous update, i can use others launcher.