1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Beta Release NEO X7 KitKat beta firmware

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by gufone, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Thijmend1199

Thijmend1199 New Member

Hi,
    I'm now running the release key version on my minix neo x7. How can I upgrade tot the finale version (that is coming out tonight) ? The same way as I did with 4.2.2 to 4.4 or? ( Sorry for my english i'm Dutch )
  2. gufone

gufone Big Owl - Developer Super Moderator

This version will enable ota updates. But you will need the rk flash tool to install this one. Pay attention to the fact that all data will be erased!
  3. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

yes, just use the rkflashtool.
    Instructions and tools will be included in the new topic lateron when ready
  4. danilasib

danilasib New Member

Hello. In the final version of the YouTube app will support in 1080? Or is it not not because of firmware?
    Russia.
  5. HardwareGuru

dubazar and Aquila like this.
  6. mapo

mapo New Member

No thanks, leave it with the name of Community Edition, Minix does not deserve to have this firmware, where are his engineerings that would have to develop the X7? (... on the new X8 (n) )
    Thanks guys for your great job and to overcome to the lies of Minix.
    This is your jobs! (y)(y)(y)
  7. HardwareGuru

MINIX also helped us, so also the MINIX engeneers are a part of it!
    We share information, the reason there is no X7 kitkat official at the moment was because we where working on it.
    What use will it have to have 2 identical firmwares?
    Please dont blame MINIX for somthing that is not true!
  8. Topher S.

Topher S. New Member

How do I use the rkflashtool? I'm not a techie. Can it be done with a Mac if I need an external computer. I've been waiting for this update because I'm sick of xbmc, Chrome and other apps constantly closing and the sluggish speed of the X7.My dual core phone is faster. I was expecting a regular OTA or flash. This is becoming a headache. Never again will I buy Minix.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  9. CWSauer

CWSauer New Member

I reported already some time ago an external mic in the 3.5 mm jack does not work, not in the beta official neither in pre-release custom rom.
    And with this new release it still does not work.
    (It works with JB, so no hardware problem.)
  10. HardwareGuru

Please post the issue about the new rom on the new rom topic please so we can keep track. Thanks
  11. HoundDog

HoundDog New Member

Will the rockchip utility work with linux?
  12. Cristi

Cristi New Member

TRIED TO UPGRADE, I GET THIS MESSAGE
    INSTALLED AL THE DRIVERS BUT THE ONE FROM THE OLD FIRMWARES CAUSE I DIDN'T FOUND ANY IN THIS FIRMWARE, PRESSED RESTORE TO FLASH TOOL AND FINALLY I GET THIS MESSAGE AND NO MORE BOOT
    WHAT NOW?

upload_2014-11-11_20-40-1.png
  13. Cristi

Cristi New Member

I tried again and managed to install it
    everything seems ok now
  14. bechor

bechor New Member

hello . Is The x7 support 1080p on youtube with the new kk fw ?
    thanks
  15. HardwareGuru

Can you please ask in a normal way again? i wont respond on such CAPS messages as if you are the only important person on the planet.
  16. Andrea Borgia

Andrea Borgia Member

Yes, same as before: homescreen resolution and YT resolution are not linked, you can see 1080p vides on KK just like the previous version.
  17. bechor

bechor New Member

i dont have the option of 1080p on youtube . the maximum that i have is 720p . my fw is 010 with pure 1080p package .
    thanks
  18. Andrea Borgia

Andrea Borgia Member

To the best of my knowledge, that depends on the video, not on the player. Here is a selection of test videos which are available in 1080p or higher:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCmwujfBtpvI_8H1LsSJknY7LrLHjdIB_
  19. bechor

bechor New Member

i have try all this videos now , and still no 1080p option . the maximum is 720 on settings of the video .
    thanks
  20. bechor

bechor New Member

i have try all this videos now . and still dont have the option of 1080p . on settings of the video , there is 720 maximum .
    on my lg g2 , i do have 1080p on the same videos .
    thanks