1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Beta Release NEO X7 KitKat beta firmware

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by gufone, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Andrea Borgia

Andrea Borgia Member

Interesting... I was going from memory because I'm quite sure I have used those videos before to test fullHD but, yeah, you're right: there is no 1080p option in the player menu.
    I supposed this is a YT specific issue, since I can play local videos in 1080p.
  2. bechor

bechor New Member

i dont think its yt issue . i can play this videos on my android smartphone , lg g2 in 1080p .
    i think the problem is the minix x7 fw .
  3. Cristi

Cristi New Member

What a stupid reply. Totally unprofessional, it's a shame they let this attitude around.
    I just said I tried the upgrade and I couldn't find the drivers in the archive, I've installed the drivers found in other versions which where saved in my computer and after pressing the restore button I got the message from the print screen. Does it seem to you like I was trying to be a star or to get attention with this issue?
    The only one who wants attention is you, because you've saved your name in the firmware start screen which was supposed to be official from MINIX. Was it really necessary for everyone to see your name when starting the device?
    Anyway the problem was solved, I was saying it in my next post.
  4. gufone

gufone Big Owl - Developer Super Moderator

First, if you have hwg name on boot screen that means that you have installed our CUSTOM ROM and not the official one and if you don't like it it's your problem. Second we can be unprofessionals if we like as we don't work for MINIX. So the stupid is not hwg in this case.
  5. Cristi

Cristi New Member

I think you have serious leaks of memory

"Ok Guys.. listen..

We are working on it.

The "HardwareGuru - Gufone" Kitkat will be official.
    We are working out last details and then it will be released to the test team for revieuw before making an official release.

NOTE; MINIX not lost interest in this device. it has just no use to release two coppies of the firmware
    (As we share knowledge they will end up as identical.)
    We hope a release can be made this week."

" Ok guys .. new release is available here:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x7-kitkat-v2-0-0-community-edition.2038/

Note: It is under custom firmwares for now as it is build by the Forum Developers Team.
    We might change this to Official in time.. time will tell. "
  6. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Christy.. First and last warning.. If you want a fight -> PM me.
    If you want to point out your frustration on the community you are at the wrong place and account can be suspended for it.
    Its not to be discussed. Period.
    JockeSve likes this.
  7. HardwareGuru

thread cleaned and Cristy has a 2 weeks holiday.
    FlameCRO likes this.
  8. drZlo

drZlo New Member

Hi. Any chance to have it official and available by OTA? Cannot risk manual flashing, my children will murder me if I disable the gizmo for a minute. Thanks.
  9. HardwareGuru

It is imposible to update from jellybean(4.2.2) to kitkat(4.4.2) with an ota update. It has to be done manualy with an USBtool.
    Also next official Firmware will need to be flashed again ad the partitions are bigger.

P>S.The last Kitkat firmware you can find here: http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x7-kitkat-v2-1-0-community-edition.2830/
    (It will be ported to official MINIX Firmware on next release, partitions etc are allready done and for this version there will be OTA updates available.)
  10. Obi-Wahn

Obi-Wahn Member Beta Tester

Is this "Minix Community Edition" version 2.10 already adapted for the Neo X7 Mini?
  11. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

Hi,

Could you point me to the official Kit Kat firmware that was released by Minix please? The only reference I can find is on their Facebook page in July which points to the old Forums?

When checking under Official firmware the only ones available are the 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmwares? Was the Kit Kat firmware revoked and only beta Kit-Kat firmwares now available?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Joseph Smith
  12. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Read here - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x7-kitkat-v2-1-0-community-edition.2830/
  13. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

14. HardwareGuru

There will be next month.. CE will be ported to official
  15. HardwareGuru

Installing CE will give you an OTA update to official when ready.. Just for yoir info
  16. Higgs

Its mentioned in the post;
  17. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

Thanks for this, Ok should I install the V.2.1.0 official release or the latest Beta CE version? And will both be able to receive OTA updates?
  18. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

Hi Higgs, yes I got this, but because there was an official MINX release in July this has confused me :) I presume this was pulled and went straight to CE?
  19. Higgs

I think the July Facebook status referred to the official (as opposed to a custom) beta kk firmware.
    You are correct that this has been succeeded by the CE kk firmware. As hardwareguru stated this will become the official firmware when any remaining issues are ironed out and tested.

Sent using Tapatalk
  20. canchi

canchi New Member

I'm on fw10, and it's bad...
    Wonder the update as mention above has no way to be as simple as OTA...Would there be a somewhat easier way to upgrade?
    Like a package loaded to a usb drive and plug into the X7 and it will run after reboot?