1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official Release NEO X7 mini 006 firmware (12th September)

Discussion in 'NEO X7 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 24, 2014.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

2. madmak

madmak New Member

When will the pure 1080p image be released?
  3. Hazza

Hazza New Member

Hi Ken
    Can you please provide more info on this, is it OTA. Why is this not available on the main minix download page?
    When will the pure 1080p image be released?
  4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Hi Hazza,
    This is an old firmware in img format (you need to use the flashtool on a pc to flash it). The latest official fw for the mini is fw011 which can be flashed using a sd card.

Sent using Tapatalk
  5. Hazza

Hazza New Member

Thanks Higgs
    Any idea on when OTA updates be deployed with 1080p kernel. I'm currently running fw011 with xbmc minix 13.2 and xbmc seems to crash frequently and goes back to its default settings which is annoying.
  6. Higgs

No idea on eta for any firmwares. They come when they come :)
    Try the latest minix xbmc 13.3 and also SPMC (play store), you should see an improvement with either of these

Sent using Tapatalk
  7. Hazza

Hazza New Member

Thanks Higgs
  8. Nestor

Nestor Member Beta Tester

I also wanted to try the new xbmc but the configuration is too time consuming, then when the new firmware releases, I will have to redo it over again because the xbmc version may be different.
  9. Higgs

Which xbmc version are you currently using? You can use xbmc backup to backup and restore configurations between any of the gotham versions, original xbmc, minix xbmc, SPMC etc.
    I haven't tried any of the Kodi alpha/beta versions but as these are 'minor releases' code fixes etc I would expect you to be able to use a gotham backup on these as well.