1. Official MINIX forum

Official Release NEO X7 mini 011 firmware (June 2014)

Discussion in 'NEO X7 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 24, 2014.

1. sevrien

sevrien New Member

Hi, I'm trying to download the firmware file.
    Downloadspeed is rather ok but freezes before completion, mostly around 70%.
    Any idea what the problem could be?
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Try using a download manager

Sent using Tapatalk
  3. sevrien

sevrien New Member

tried allready, but no luck
  4. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

i am uploading to the forum server.. link will be provided when done :D
    Higgs likes this.
  5. sevrien

sevrien New Member

Guys, please help.

I was finally able to download the firmware-file. Renamed and moved the file to the internal flash folder.
    It promted and asked me to confirm.
    Then it says that its not a valid version.

I've got a Minix Neo 7 mini.
    Model nr. NEO-X7-216A
    Android version 4.2.2
    vendor software version: 2013-12-27.4.2.008

The reason for the upgrade, the constant dropouts from the HDMI output is pretty annoying and hoped it would be fixed with the update.

I could use previous updates but wondered if the install procedure is the same.

Greetings
  6. Higgs

Check the md5 checksum on the file you downloaded. The download might be corrupt/incomplete.

Sent using Tapatalk
  7. sevrien

sevrien New Member

shame on me.

I haven't got the mini-version but the regular X7

Sorry guys
  8. Higgs

Also you might want to checkout the new CE kitkat firmware. Look in the custom roms section.

Sent using Tapatalk
  9. wenn

wenn New Member

In other post, someone is pointing that the hdmi signal drops could be caused by a problem with the hdmi cable

I hope it helps. If that's the case, the update should not fix this.
  10. wenn

wenn New Member

Did you get access to the OTA updates after that? I am in the same situation and I just would like to enable the ota actualization
  11. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen New Member

I never got the courage to do the upgrade :) No it is not that bad. Just want to check a few things with you before I proceed.

Some explanations say that you need to connect to your PC, but this upgrade seems to take place on the Minix only - is that correct?

So, if that is the case, I just download the file to the minix, rename and place in the rrot directory. And that is it.

Please confirm.
  12. scrabble

scrabble Member

I will confirm
  13. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen New Member

Thank you. I have done the upgrade without any problems - except from slow download.

Is this version only in low resolution (720). How to change to 1080 resolution (real HD)?
  14. marlowe

marlowe New Member

Hello,

I bought my 7 mini two weeks ago with firmware kr31 sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ 39 eng. root 20140122.105724 test keys.

Do I have to use the new firmware to get 1080 output? Or do I have to wait on a pure 1080 Version?

Thank you,

marlowe
  15. Higgs

16. scrabble

scrabble Member

you have to wait a pure 1080 version
  17. marlowe

marlowe New Member

Hello,

I´ll try...

cya

marlowe
  18. lohdavid

lohdavid New Member

Hi Moderator, somehow I find the instructions for firmware update is confusing. In the changelog, it say must uninstall airpin and xbmc then update. why must do this?
    And also, my x7 mini using 201402** firmware (will provide the actual firmware version later) and I click check system update, No update found. Is this normal?
  19. Higgs

The airpin and xbmc apps were updated in this firmware. If the old versions are not uninstalled before the firmware is installed then they won't be updated (The firmware will still install okay)
    OTA (updating through system update) isn't working for your current firmware (nor for this 011 firmware)

If you are looking to update your firmware, I'd recommend that you check out the latest CE Kitkat firmware - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x7mini-kitkat-v2-2-0-community-edition.3808/
  20. lohdavid

lohdavid New Member

Hi Higgs
    Thanks for reply. If there is official firmware, why you recommend us to x7mini-kitkat-v2-2-0-ce-3808?
    Is it better as compare to official firmware? If it is better, why not minix use it as official firmware?