1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Neo X7 Mini Stuck in System Recovery

Discussion in 'NEO X7 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by Luke Connor, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

Hello everyone I am new here and I would appreciate if anyone of you could help me. I have a Minix Android Box for my television and I use it on a regular basis. I was sat doing College work on my laptop with my android box on in the background playing a song playlist on the YouTube app until the song froze, went to black displaying 'HDMI2' in the corner of the screen and then it came back on but I couldn't do anything. Then the Android box went off completely and restarted but when it came back on it was in recovery mode. I select 'boot system' but it just goes back to the recovery screen. I really don't know what to do and I was only on YouTube, please can anyone help me
  2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Next time it boots into recovery select clear cache that may help
  3. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

The screen is quite zoomed in so it's hard to see all the options, the only one I can see that mentions 'cache' is 'cache partition'. I'm not sure if there is a word before cache because it isn't all on the screen. Anyway I have chose that one but It still goes back to system recovery.
  4. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Try disconnecting all the cables and power leave out for a min then try booting up again
  5. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

Nope that still hasn't fixed it
  6. mark2

mark2 Active Member

You have another option in the recovery menu reset to factory settings
  7. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

IMG_5302.JPG This is how i can see it
  8. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

I guess I may have to do that then if that's my only option, I just font understand why it has done this. Like I said, I was only on YouTube
  9. mark2

mark2 Active Member

have you got anything else plugged in like hdd or usb
  10. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

The power cable, HDMI cable, Ethernet cable and a Wireless Mouse to USB adapter.
  11. mark2

mark2 Active Member

your recovery menu is all out of sync your last but one line should say wipe cache partition
    have you tried clicking that one also boot up without mouse attached
  12. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

I'll try it now
  13. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

Nope it still hasn't fixed it, I've tried but it does this process we're you can see blue bars underneath the android robot with a blue hexadecimal shape in it but it goes back to the system recovery
  14. mark2

mark2 Active Member

looks like you will have to wipe data/factory reset
  15. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

I'm gonna have to, thank you for your help anyway
  16. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

This still hasn't fixed it
  17. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Your only option now is to reflash
  18. Luke Connor

Luke Connor New Member

I don't know how to do it, please can you talk me through it? I really need help, it's not even mine it's my girlfriends mums and I don't want her to find out
  19. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

@mark2 Luke has an X7 Mini and not an X8-H Plus!
    Is that correct @Luke Connor ?
  20. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

It is just a heads up as we would have expected it to be an X8-H Plus!

I will move your posts to the correct Forum.