1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

NEO X8-H PLUS amplifier/ARC beta

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 003 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 12, 2015.

1. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

720p screen (auto detect off)
    HDMI passthru (auto detect off)
    minix frame rate switching on

over two hours of playback so far and no drops at 720p.

So if this is in fact an issue with the 1080p pixel clock, how can it be fixed?
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. J0tar0Kjo

J0tar0Kjo Member

is this a temporary workaround? will it be integrated in new firmware releases?
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

It's not temporary, we need to know the results before making it into official update.
  4. MINIX - Ken

We have the exact same model! No drops, ever! Even with previous firmware!
    We have V373, V375 and V377!
    You should try changing both cables, if problem persists, you should consider returning your device!
  5. Pino&Pino

Pino&Pino New Member

"Setting HDMI output mode setting:" 1080p/60hz confirm problems with setting "Self-Adaptive refresh rate switching" audio become irregular (short pauses)
    Setting HDMI output mode setting: 720p/60hz, audio returns ok.
  6. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

It's brand new from BestBuy. no issues with any other inputs (TIVO, Apple TV).

This is a new Minix Neo X8-h plus and before i had just the Neo X8-h.

I'm in a new location also (Chicago) and before i was in Canada (traveling around also).

I can't help but think this has to be something i'm causing when it's a different TV, New AMP, Different Cables.

Is there anything anyone can think of APPS, Addons, External HD's, SD card that could trigger this. I know there's no sense to that but there's no sense that this relatively rare bug has affected me twice!
  7. Pino&Pino

Pino&Pino New Member

With the New Year (Chinese), we will have 1080p / 60hz with + Self-Adaptive switching refresh rate: ON ???
  8. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

As unusual as it sounds, i'm starting to think my Audio Drop issues are related to my two external lacie drives connected to the USB
    one is: NTFS-3G 2TB
    one is: exfat 2TB

i'm not sure if or how the drives are causing an interruption in the audio stream or if the drives are going to sleep by themselves or there are background scans occurring but it seems when both drives are connected i get audio drops EVEN when the video isn't on those drives.

Does this sound ridiculous to anyone else or at MINIX HQ?
  9. MINIX - Ken

and there are a lot of background scans with 2 drives.
    are they affecting? I can't tell.
  10. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

Here's what i've figured out

the NTFS-3G drive is now plugged into the router which shares it as a network share.

Now all my problems are resolved.

Now i'm not sure if its having two drives with different file systems or if it's the open souce NTFS-3G that's the issue.

I need to wipe the drive and make them both exfat to really know
  11. windex961

windex961 New Member

I'm connected to a Onkyo TX-NR3008 via HDMI and I'm getting audio drops... More so when you first start a movie/show and if you pause a video for more than a few seconds (drops the audio aprox every 5 seconds for about 1 second or so for about a minute total) and it doesn't matter if it is HD (1080p or 720p) or SD content.. Is this the kind of issue that this firmware is meant to resolve? Or is this a caching issue? I'm currently on the 003 firmware with the 13.3.3 final minix xbmc and the issue was there on the 002 and finless firmware as well... I currently have the display set as 1080p/60hz with the adaptive refresh rate enabled (works like a charm btw) since setting to auto detect the x8plus sets the resolution to 720p60hz.. TV is a 55" LG (55LW5700 I believe) and is connected to the receiver via an HDMI cable as well)

On a separate note, is there anyway that an adaptive resolution feature is being worked on for future firmware (where the device automatically switches from 1080p-720p etc depending on the video file)? I have both 1080 and 720 content (as do most people I believe) and would rather not use 1080p upscale when playing 720p content..

Thanks
  12. windex961

windex961 New Member

I tried changing the resolution to 720p60hz and the audio drops are gone... I do not have any external drive connected to the Minix box but instead it is streaming from a NAS drive, and everything is connected via gigabit ethernet.... When I switch it back to 1080p/60hz it starts dropping audio again... this is still on Official 003 firmware and not the ARC Beta firmware... I'm hoping to get a hold of a windows laptop sometime this week so I can try the ARC firmware... But I'm not very hopeful about it...
  13. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

So am i right in thinking the Minix shouldn't have two USB powered hard drives plugged into it?
  14. Dinko Petkov

Dinko Petkov New Member

Hello,
    here is my feedback.
    Configuration:
    Minix X8-H Plus -> Yamaha HTR -3064 -> Panasonic TV.
    firm 0003 official - issue playing Blue-Rey, sound drop, issue with incorrect passthrough to the amplifier, possible to be fix if use 720p/50.
    firm 0003 amplifier / ARC beta - no problem so far, every thing is playing smooth, no sound drops even on 1080p/60. Only the problem with
    the forwarding of the movie is still persist, when i try to forward XBMC(13.3.3 final) freeze.

Best regards
  15. JRShield

JRShield Member

Any idea when the beta will become a FOTA update? I'm not participating in the beta as I do not want to reflash after the the beta goes live :)
  16. spec

spec New Member

I have the same problem. Did you try it out yet?

Also, if I put 1080p/60hz in settings, and auto detect off, it still goes back to 720p.
  17. MINIX - Ken

Kodi claim that they've improved the forwarding issue on newer version. (e.g. Kodi 14.2 RC)
    It's something that can't be fixed by us, it's related to their framework.
    When Kodi became official we shall develop a new version based on it.
  18. windex961

windex961 New Member

Just updated to 004 via FOTA and everything went great, no more audio drops on 1080p resolution and the frame rate switching works great.. definitely better than the 003.. Able to fully enjoy 1080p/24hz now, very happy guy right now...
  19. spec

spec New Member

Sounds great!

What settings are you using for the resolution and frame rate switching both in Minix android settings and XBMC? I really need to get this right. Thanks!
  20. windex961

windex961 New Member

In the Minix settings I have the resolution set to 1080p/60hz with HDMI passthrough enabled and adaptive refresh rate enabled.. In the XBMC settings I have all the hardware acceleration enabled, "adjust display refresh rate to match video" is off, and "A/V sync method" set to "audio clock"