1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Neo x8-h plus cannot find wifi network - help

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus' started by Kwang, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Kwang

Kwang New Member

Hi,

I used this for almost few years, but today somehow the box not able to read my wifi network.

Although other gadgets able to (phone, ipad) find the network and connect without problem.

I tried to remove the wifi but resetup but the box kept saying it is out of range.

Any advise?

Thanks,
    K

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
  2. Dr Goodvibes

Dr Goodvibes The Doctor

What firmware are you running on the Minix box.
    How far is the WiFi router from the X8H-Plus box?
    Are you using 2.4GHz or are you using 5GHz?
    Are you using DHCP or a static IP address.
    How large is your DHCP pool? i.e. 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.150 (which provides 50 DHCP clients)
    Have you changed an IP address/network somewhere else in your LAN?
    Can your box get LAN access if you plug in an Ethernet cable and enable Ethernet and turn off WiFi?
    With Ethernet enabled, can you go to settings ->network -> more and enable a WiFi hotspot(tethering)
    This just creates a 2.4GHz WiFi hotspot which your phone, iPad should see.
    This then indicates that your WiFi is OK and that you just have to work out what is happening between the router and the Minix box.
    Kwang and Villa like this.
  3. Kwang

Kwang New Member

Hi,

Sorry for not responding. It was working after i change the wireless ssid name and somehow it went missing again sometimes.

Today it went missing again and i tried to change the ssid name but it did not work.

Any other reason that may cause it up and down? Sometimes it can read my wireless network sometimes it wont.

This is not an issue with all other gadgets that i am using at home (phones, tablets, laptops).

Can help?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  4. Kwang

Kwang New Member

Attached pictures shown the box can read other wifi (neighbour). But not mine

But other gadgets can read my wifi[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  5. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator