1. Official MINIX forum

NEO X8-H PLUS stock firmware

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS stock firmware' started by MINIX - Ken, Nov 30, 2014.

1. gianka

gianka New Member

So I checked, it says KOT49H.20141122, what's that, 002, 003, how do you understand that? Is that the latest?
  2. Rincewind

Rincewind New Member

Neither. See here for how to update to fw002. Easiest way to update is to use the USB .zip update package (about half way down the first post).
    You can then use the System Update app to update to the latest firmware.
  3. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member

i'd be interested if you could you advise on what limits and limitations xbmc minix has in contrast with kodi ?
  4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Fusion doesn't come preinstalled on either minix xbmc or the official kodi versions. It can be added to both.
    Install from zip file is available on MINIX xbmc (and every other version of xbmc/kodi I've used.
    I'm not sure what version of xbmc you had preinstalled on your box, did you buy the box preconfigured from a reseller?

I believe Ken has said that the next MINIX xbmc/kodi version will be v15 (Isengard)
  5. Frederick_99

well i don't know what you have wrong but i can do everything you have mentioned with minix xbmc without bugs.... i suspect like Higgs you may have a badly configured preinstall.
  6. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson New Member

I can't say using the provided xbmc I have ever seen my one say "Buffering".

My network is all 1G and my videos are on a Netgear Raid 5 NAS (SD & HD)

Perhaps other apps installed cause the buffering?

It does seem to me however it has been quite a while since the last update which of course has problems with some videos and frame rates making the new auto frame rate useless and one having to use the option in XBMC instead.

I note in that video he says with the more deluxe remote you can point it any way and it will work.

That is not the case for power on / off which still relies on good old IR

I have also found the battery life short and mobile phones upset its correct operation.
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

most bufferings are network/router related... it tells you it's buffering because the network/router fails to feed it fast enough.

For example, with my Linksys WRT1900AC, I could stream anything to my X8H Plus without any intermittent buffering, including BDISO, and 4K 30fps videos, while my cheaper router can't.
  8. PLAY911

PLAY911 New Member

HI there I am having a few problems with codecs,,,,,,is it safe flash this firmaware now than I am in the latest?
    Thank you
  9. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

10. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Member

Does Minix have multiple stable firmwares for Minix X8-H Plus. I need to upgrade my firmware on my device as it always causes crash during game session. Please let me know if there is any specific version for my device because I need to find the exact version which I can install in my device without worry to be damaged or bricked.

Here is my device serial (Minix X8-H-Plus). Somebody please assist me to find the stable and latest firmware for my device.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  11. Higgs

Which firmware version (Build number) do you have now?
  12. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Member

I have a installed firmware in my device is
    Build number:
    KOT49H.20160328 release-keys
    and
    kernel
    root@user-desktop #2
    Mon Mar 28 14:39:01 CST 2016
  13. Higgs

14. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Member

Is XMBC Minix still equalized with Kodi ?
  15. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Member

16. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

17. Frederick_99

you just need to follow Villa's guidance...come on "Get a Grip" (y):)
  18. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Member

I have just performed a up gradation of 009 in my x8-h plus via usb without any kind of stuck. Let's see if crashing persists again in gaming or anywhere.
  19. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Member

Dear Minix Developers,

x8-h plus can't really handle Kodi or almost any games because I found them crashing during playback. Please come up with an update to solve those issues. I will hope you guys to spend time for removing software bugs in Minix x8-h plus because it seems that you're more concentrating on Neo U1 device rather than this one.
  20. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

If it is that bad you might have cache issues or something else.. i would suggest to flash your firmware with usb flashtool to be sure nothing is left that might cause such issues....