1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 8 firmware (20140809)

Discussion in 'NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 8 firmware (20140809)' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 20, 2014.

1. nighltyowl

nighltyowl New Member

well... it is supposed to... I'm waiting to buy the X8 for this reason... without skygo it's quite a problem for me...
  2. 463nt_0ran63

463nt_0ran63 Member

I'm a little curious how is testing going?
    MuscleMan2000 likes this.
  3. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

What testing?
    463nt_0ran63 likes this.
  4. Gopichand Pai

Gopichand Pai Member

Is there a change log for beta 9?
  5. ohara

ohara Member

No, there is a changelog for beta 8
    HardwareGuru likes this.
  6. woftor

woftor Member

Is it online then? :whistle:.
    Tell us! :)
  7. tampametal

tampametal XBMC GEEK

@HardwareGuru I'm guessing by that comment we will see new beta today?
  8. Dnerve

Dnerve Active Member

Guys, please please please stop pushing, as you all know testing is under way. Thanks.
    oldbirchy likes this.
  9. tampametal

tampametal XBMC GEEK

@Dnerve don't blame posters, HardwareGuru is giving subliminal winks lmao
    MuscleMan2000 and no_spam_for_me like this.
  10. woftor

woftor Member

No, no pushing ! It is ready when it is ready. (y).

That was why :).
  11. Resurgam

Resurgam New Member

12. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Ok guys please stay on topic from now. This is beta8 thread. Beta 9 will come when ready. Any offtopics will be removed from now on.
  13. sheridan

sheridan Member

Indeed it will be fine if we may have some updates and news about releases and testing

But on order to stand on topic... Beta 8 is much more stable from a Mini x8h with official firmware
  14. rey031

rey031 New Member

H/W decoding works for me in MX Player on 002 beta 8, as well as S/W decoding, for both local and LAN shared videos. As jediking said, disable H/W+ decoding in MX Player settings when on 002 beta 8, it doesn't work yet. On stock firmware, H/W+ decoding worked.
  15. moscard

moscard Member

For me, with MX player H/W the audio become too often out of sync, especially with 720p/mkv videos. But same videos with same network interface (Plex HTTP) are playing just fine in XBMC with PlexBMC.
  16. Mar

Mar New Member

If i upgrade to beta 8 now from stock I know it will erase everything. But will the same happen if i go from beta 8 to 9 will it erase everthing?
  17. Dnerve

Dnerve Active Member

Yes, that is correct.
  18. russ67

russ67 Member

just to clarify,when the OTA becomes available,it wont just go over the top,we will lose all current settings and apps installed on the box?
  19. woftor

woftor Member

Installing via the update program and you will loose everything. With OTA it can be either way: that is up to the devs, so they have to answer that question.