1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 8 firmware (20140809)

Discussion in 'NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 8 firmware (20140809)' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 20, 2014.

1. rey031

rey031 New Member

You're right, H/W playback of network files with MX Player on 002 beta 8 is buggy. I get a lot of artifacts just playing small 480p XviD anime videos making them unwatchable o_O S/W decoding removes the artifacts.
  2. pablo11

pablo11 New Member

Unfortunately MX player is no longer the great app that it used to be. Having to enable a third party software decoder for sound is another set back.
    I have given up on is for now and use BSBplayer - but to be honest (imho) nothing works better than XBMC.
  3. akav05

akav05 Member

hey im only new to this so my apoligises if this is in thre wrong section. I have being trying to install the
    NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 8 firmware (20140809) but when i try extract the file i get this error in winzip. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Extracting file: C:\Users\Adam\Neo x8\Firmware\X8_X8H_002BETA8.rar
    Extracting to "C:\Users\Adam\Neo x8\Firmware\"
    Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
    Extracting aml_upgrade_package.img
    Error: CRC mismatch in file "C:\Users\Adam\Neo x8\Firmware\aml_upgrade_package.img" in the archive "C:\Users\Adam\Neo x8\Firmware\X8_X8H_002BETA8.rar"
    Irrecoverable Error: CRC error detected
  4. jk-nz

jk-nz Developer

Sounds like file corruption. Try downloading it again.
  5. tomson

tomson Member

Could you use WinRAR instead WinZIP???

Dont use old WinRAR versions to extract..... Use the newest (the latest)
  6. akav05

akav05 Member

Ill
    I'll try download it again and see will that help, I will also try the other link to the download file that's available to see will that help. Thanks for ye reply.
  7. akav05

akav05 Member

Yeah I'll give it a go with WinRAR also there's another link available to download the file so I'll try that to. Thanks for the reply.
  8. woftor

woftor Member

I think that link is the same file... only another way to reach it.
    Anyway: Like they said: Use a recent 7zip or Winrar to unrar.
  9. akav05

akav05 Member

Yeah I thought as much pal jus thought it might be worth a try to see. Hopefully a change of program will do the trick cos my A2 remote is useless till I get this beta on it. Thanks for your help.
  10. Resurgam

Resurgam New Member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  11. akav05

akav05 Member

12. akav05

akav05 Member

Hey big thanks to jk-nz, tomson, woftor & Resurgam for the help today guys, just re downloaded the file and it extracted first time, I successfully got it onto my x8. Now my A2 remote is up and running perfectly thanks again.
  13. livas

livas New Member

The new firmware seems good. Have a try.
  14. pablo11

pablo11 New Member

There is no new firmware yet. Still on Beta 8.
  15. djnata

djnata Member

what new firmware? lol...
  16. iOpus

iOpus New Member

We bought TV box to work it almost 5 months in beta!? What time is need to put one final and good firmware (for our spent money,
    we deserve it).
    Something is not OK, and they didn't respect buyers.
    Just see this part of forum, it is stuck on 16 page more then a weeks. This tells as more than anything.
    sale likes this.
  17. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

It's been mentioned several times that the 'Beta Testing' group is currently testing Beta 9.

They are in fact testing the 3rd version of Beta 9 - so it's safe to assume that much progress has been made.

We can confirm that the feedback thus far has been positive, and there is a vast improvement from Beta 8.

But please be a little bit more patient, we believe the majority would prefer us to release something that's 100% ready - rather than 80-90%.
    damca, Yoramile1, skyzo2000 and 2 others like this.
  18. skyzo2000

skyzo2000 Member

Can you improve the HDMI spoofing in Beta 9.
    Because App like ''Bein sports'' doesn't work on my minix but work's great on my SG2.
    Thank you for your effort.
  19. genem

genem Active Member

What did you espect? Snap your fingers and there is the solution?
    Give me a break, some things need a bit time to been solved. If you can't wait that long buy another divice. Then you will notice that the support (as far as there is) fails like hell.

People are complaining and complaining (not all) about the timeframe between adjustments in the software and the releases, If you need it that hard then perheps your choice for an android system hasn't been the right one or you. With in mind that you didn't paid lots of money so you get what you paid for. In my opinion the most complainers use this divice mostly for watching free movies and so on...( including myself) so be real, have a bit understanding and patient..... at the end things will be oke
    oldbirchy, Aquila and gjs999 like this.