1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 9-2 firmware (20141018)

Discussion in 'NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 9 firmware (20141018)' started by MINIX - Ken, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveB

DaveB Member

To those of you having problems with downloading from Minix server, please use a download manager in Windows, at least for me it never fails to download the firmware files.
    For example this http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/
  2. Vidman

Vidman Member

I have tried a download manager but still have errors downloading from minix
  3. KenMic

KenMic New Member

4. jediking

jediking Member

Testing result from system monitor software decode Hi10p by XBMC
    Hotplug realy activate all 4 cores sometimes but system monitor show that XBMC only use around 48% of CPU
    Interactive XBMC use up to 82% of CPU and perform much better
    Max frequency of CPU of these governors seem to mostly struck at 1.6ghz even when it need more power
  5. Ulises Rodriguez PhD

Ulises Rodriguez PhD Active Member

So, you think that would be better to change the CPU to Interactive Mode, because XBMC used up to 82% of CPU and also works much better?

I already asked HardwareGuru, and he recommended to leave all CPU at the original Minix default values...

Since the X8-H Quat-Core Processor is rated at about 1.9ghz, I really not understand why MINIX used only up to 1.6ghz... May be to avoid overheat?
  6. jediking

jediking Member

I only just give the information the rest is up to Minix team to decide what to do with it, sometimes user point of view also help.
    jk-nz likes this.
  7. Jaques-Ludwig

Jaques-Ludwig Member

I testet the Logitech Harmony with the RC firmware. Works nice. The X5 profile doesn't work. The only keys that would be nice to work would be the pause/play and stop keys.

Jaques-Ludwig
  8. Larzen

Larzen New Member

Tnx!
    Download worked like a charm.
    Is flashing box now.
    Can't wait to get HBO back on the telli :)
  9. skyzo2000

skyzo2000 Member

Someone can confirm
    Hi, I tried the 002RC and NBA app working now. Thank's for this.
    But the Bein sports app didn't work,
    The video works but not the live channel, I use a VPN (Hide My Ass) .
    I have the same error ''video can't play'' , I don't understand , can you explain me ?
    Thanks at minix team for the support.
  10. Darren

Darren Member

That is unfortunate. Without Pause and Play there was no reason to add anything as that was working out of box without those buttons.
  11. andrea.zennaro.10

andrea.zennaro.10 New Member

i download RC2 but update procedure stop at 3% and report message error...minix reboot whitout problem whit old firmware...any idea? thanks
  12. skyzo2000

skyzo2000 Member

13. yc1437

yc1437 Member

14. Jaques-Ludwig

Jaques-Ludwig Member

@Darren:
    with the beta firmware my harmony 700 doesn't work. Not with the x5 profile and not with the x8 profile.
    Now with the RC Version it works. OK, not very comfortable but it works. I hope for more keys in the future.

@minix team:
    is it planed in the future to support more keys of the logitech harmony remote like pause/play and stop key?

Thanks,

Jaques-Ludwig
  15. moscard

moscard Member

For me, it already worked with beta2 as well as beta 1. What we asked to MINIX is to effectively add at least Play/Pause & STOP key. (fast forward/backward & step backward/forward could be a good option as well)
    If these extra keys are not supported, there is no real improovment in Harmony support.

Note : X5 IR is not complient with the X8. It is possible to change the profifile having root access to X8, but anyway the ON/OFF button must managed separately and learned manually. There are some hacks to make it to work, but not very simple.
  16. andrea.zennaro.10

andrea.zennaro.10 New Member

update OK with usb Burning tool 2.0.3. thanks
    skyzo2000 likes this.
  17. Viki

Viki New Member

These app not working on 002-RC:
    - Google Music Play;
    - Google Maps;
    - Google +
    I hope this is not big problem for Minix computer programmer. Thanks.
  18. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Eldarc, zarbman, damca and 1 other person like this.
  19. moscard

moscard Member

Could we have more informations on following point ?
    4.) Adding Logitech Harmony profile (we don't have this remote to verify, please check and feedback to us);

Is there a new profile to download for Harmony? Is that a new X8H or do we have to use another one like X5?
    Is there new support fore more buttons? Which ones?
    Sydney likes this.
  20. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.