1. Official MINIX forum

Official Release NEO Z64 Android 20150205 firmware (update.zip)

Discussion in 'NEO Z64A Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Mar 4, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We're uploading the full zip update image to the server now.
    Rename it to "update.zip" and update it via "check local" of the system update app will do.

Note: This update.zip file is only provided as some users requested it. You can use the System Update app to update your firmware OTA.

Minix Server Link
    http://minix.com.hk/firmware/minix-z64-20150205.zip

Minix Forum Link
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=minix-z64-20150205.zip

MD5 checksum: 126F68944772AA51462D584EFC614EA1

Please remember to rename the file.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
  2. HercolobusX

HercolobusX New Member

Just got my z64. I got it mainly because of ota update ease. Now I find I can not use it until I manually update my 2024 version. This is a 545 MB update and it has only downloaded 125 MB in over an hour. That is damn slow. What gives. I have fast internet connection. Someone should put this file on a cloud server or something. At this rate is going to take 2 days to update to newest release. This is unacceptable.:mad:
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You dont need to manually update to this. The update.zip file was only provided because some people asked for it.
    Use the system update app in your device to update to the latest vesion.
  4. Tom K

Tom K New Member

FOTA is painful at the moment I'm getting maybe 1% every 2mins and then it drops out and needs me to click retry, tried using both Wired and Wireless connections and my internet is flawless so think it's just not coping so well at the minute, agreed that someone should upload the updates to somewhere which can handle the demand as the Minix servers seem to be struggling.
  5. HercolobusX

HercolobusX New Member

I did FOTA first with same results, average 10 min. per 1%. Just now the download of 2015 completed. Should I update.zip it and install or try FOTA again?
  6. HercolobusX

HercolobusX New Member

Never mind it was only a partial download. This is not an auspicious start. I chose Minix because of their service reputation. Did I choose wisely?
  7. Tom K

Tom K New Member

Minix are a great company, although when you first get the box of course you expect the update process to be quick and smooth sadly something isn't working right at the moment as it wouldn't normally be this slow. The actual products are amazing and hopefully once the updating issue is solved you will be glad you made the choice as in my opinion this box is by far the best on the market in a price/performance aspect. The ongoing updates and support are great and you can feel assured that while some providers will leave you without any updates, Minix continues to support its products, hopefully the update process gets sorted soon.
  8. HercolobusX

HercolobusX New Member

Tom, thanks for your reassurance. I have continued my FOTA update and after several hours I have finally gone beyond the 50% range. I did this by using a 30 sec. timer on my phone and re-checking my download every 30 sec. Eventually I will be through and get to enjoy my device.
  9. seeke

seeke Member

If the machine works, why don't just try updating it some other time? :)
  10. Ross Hurrell

Ross Hurrell New Member

The problem is the machine doesn't work.. I don't have access to the Google Play store and Kodi fails when selecting Windows Network (SMB)
  11. Higgs

@Ross Hurrell @HercolobusX @Tom K

I don't know about the FOTA servers, if there is an issue or if its just slow at the moment.
    I was able to download the update.zip file from the Minix server and I'm uploading it now to the MinixForum servers. You should get a faster download from there.
    I will add the links to the first post when I've uploaded and tested it.
  12. Ross Hurrell

Ross Hurrell New Member

I appreciate your help, Higgs. Thanks
  13. Higgs

First post updated with forum server link.
    Note: using a download manager will result in a faster and more reliable download.
  14. Ross Hurrell

Ross Hurrell New Member

Wow... The forum server link was so much faster! Thanks!!
    Higgs likes this.
  15. Tom K

Tom K New Member

Still a no go for me, downloaded the file, renamed it to update.zip however the minix updater says no files found (placed it into the root of the SD, also tried in the FOTA folder and in the downloads folder with same problem) not sure what the issue is or if there is an alternative way to install it and I'm doing it incorrectly, any help appreciated
  16. Ross Hurrell

Ross Hurrell New Member

I put the file in the root of a thumbstick and it automatically found it when updating manually
  17. Tom K

Tom K New Member

This worked, thanks
  18. HercolobusX

HercolobusX New Member

I wish I had got that message. It took me 10 hours sitting at my computer to upgrade 201 MB and another hour to get the final 38 MB update. I had to check every 20 sec. for disconnect. After setup, I upgraded Kodi to 14.1 and could not install Fusion- Config Wizard. Any tips on how to best setup and configure this version of Kodi? Should I install Kodi 15.0 alpha?
  19. maddowse

maddowse New Member

If you’re having trouble check the size of the file. I’ve tried 5 times now and although it says complete the file hasn’t downloaded in full (only 30-60 meg)

That’s why your minx doesn’t see it

also just name the file "update" not update.zip
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  20. Higgs

As I said in my previous post using a download manager will give you a more reliable download. Check the md5 checksum if you think the file hasn't downloaded correctly.
    In regards to renaming the file, it all depends on your folder options in windows. Personally I always disable the option to hide file extensions for known file types as it can give rise to errors when renaming files (esp txt and zip files)
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015