1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Official Release NEO Z64 Android 20150930 firmware (update.zip)

Discussion in 'NEO Z64A Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Do not unpack it!
  2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Sorry I meant to say packed, just as I downloaded it.....I will try it again ...Thanks Villa:)
  3. Villa

The checksum uppercase/lowercase doesn't matter!
    Is your USB drive FAT32? Not actually sure whether it makes a difference or not!
    midnight likes this.
  4. midnight

By default files were being unzipped....all good now , updated perfectly. Thanks for your help Villa:)
  5. mona

mona New Member

Hi
    I updated my system 2 days ago and not happy at all:unsure: many issues, I wish I could go back to previous FW when everything was fine.
    1- All play store apps now opens in portrait mode in the middle of screen.
    2- I'm using Neo A2 and I had annoying volume issue, in Kodi every time I play something, the volume goes up itself, it doesn't keep volume settings and I have to lower the volume whenever I change a video or channel.
    3- I can see pixels in videos and live channels, I think there is some change in the video quality.

Please if someone at least help me for NO.2 problem, it's very annoying.
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

2. When playing a video in Kodi, open the volume settings, set the volume to the required level then select Set as default for all videos.
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback#OSD_audio_and_subtitle_settings
  7. manumaker

manumaker New Member

hello (sorry bad English) I got a z64a on the way to Argentina, if this update isn't available automatically do I have to make it manually? Or the minix will upgrade automatically to a previous update? Thanks
    P.D: A previous update is more than enough .
  8. Villa

Yes & yes!

Why this latest update is not available via FOTA yet, I do not know!
  9. eugenjeno

eugenjeno New Member

Any updates on Logitech c525 webcam VS Skype crash problem?
  10. dandi10

dandi10 New Member

Hi, why I cannot upgrade from 20150413 via FOTA? Since Oct you said it will be ready in a few days. I get a message that the Minix is with the latest version which is not.
  11. Villa

12. dandi10

dandi10 New Member

I bought this Minix because it has online update, I don't know what checksum is and how to work with it, I also don't have a usb stick so please upload this version to FOTA for regular update.
  13. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Member

I understand your frustration, however many of us have already taken advantage of the manual update which really isn't all that difficult to install. Why wait indefinitely for a FOTA update when you could already be enjoying it via manual installation?

USB sticks are relatively cheap to buy these days and can usually be purchased for very little. Plus they come in handy for saving documents, saving your Minix device settings or other media.

Regarding the checksum, in very loose layman's terms, it's a way of verifying that the file is intact with all its necessary parts. The checksum is represented by a string of numbers and letters. You can verify the checksum by downloading any checksum app from Google Play (for me, I used MD5 Checker). Running the app ensures that the number/letter string of the file matches up with the string identified by the app. If both strings match, then you know that the file has no errors. It's actually a very simple procedure.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  14. dandi10

dandi10 New Member

I already lost money and time on this defective item, bluetooth doesn't want to connect to any device, I hear a loud noise in the headset and now I need to run and buy a usb stick and learn about updates? Please upload this version so I can upgrade and check if this fix my problems, why it is so hard?
    Nicezia likes this.
  15. midnight

There must be a very good reason why FOTA is not available currently, it's not because they just don't want to or don't feel like it . Usb's are so cheap, I can't believe you don't have a need for one already for pictures, resume, etc....my kids need them all the time for school. Once you download the update to your usb it so easy, you will be kicking yourself you waited.:)
  16. Lee Gregson

Lee Gregson New Member

Has this box been forgotten by minix? All the other newer and older boxes are getting updates. I bought this box for my parents because they live in a different country and it is supposed to be easier being able to do everything through FOTA. The Neo U1 seems to be the flavour of the month.
  17. midnight

" Forgotten " doubt it !! they are still supporting the much older units so why would you think that ?? FOTA not working is puzzling but l'm sure is for a good reason.....an update was available back in September !!
  18. seeke

seeke Member

I mean, FOTA is great, but if you're not able to update with USB, you probably also not able to use the device :)
  19. eugenjeno

eugenjeno New Member

there seems to be something seriously wrong with these z64A boxes. whenever and publication wants to change he resolution, most of the time the app crashes.
    Skype VS c525 still a problem.

will there be any updates?
  20. ehlim

ehlim New Member

I keep getting "net::ERR_NAME_NOT>RESOLVED" and I cannot surf at all....I have to do a total hardware reset but after one day same thing appears....what's happened???
    Also I could not get firmware update through USB thumb drive...again I have no success in following the method described...what's happened Minix??