1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

NEO Z64 Android Video Review

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Android OS' started by robertojorge, Feb 17, 2015.

1. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hey guys, would like to share with you my video review. Hope it helps to answer some of your questions.

Tests Made:

Benchmarks: Speed Test, GeekBench 3, Antuntu, 3D Mark Score and Epic Citadel.
    Games: Despicable Me, Cars Game, Beach Buggy, GT Racing 2 and Asphalt 8 Airborne.
    Video: XBMC / KODI Minix Version and also the Latest stable version of Kodi.
    Mirror: iphone 4S, Ipad Mini Retina and we will also mirror the iMac

Hope it helps
    Bet Regards
    RJ
    Deadman INC., traxdata, KAR and 4 others like this.
  2. Task Killer

Task Killer New Member

thanks
    robertojorge likes this.
  3. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

Nice review mate :)
    robertojorge likes this.
  4. Marcelo Salem

Marcelo Salem New Member

Very Nice! Thanks.
    I want a joystick like the joystick from the video. Who know the joystick version\type? Thanks.
  5. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi Marcelo, yep i forgot to post the link in the video as usual :) Here it is

Best Regards
    RJ
  6. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Hi RJ,

I've watched the whole review and thank you for doing this.
    Regarding the "background noise" issue during iMac mirroring,
    we will speak to the AirPin developer to see how we could fix it as soon as we can,
    right after the Chinese Lunar New Year holidays.

Once again, thanks a lot for reviewing our product. Kudos!
    robertojorge likes this.
  7. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi Ken, thanks for the feedback!!
    Regarding the issue i will be watching that online update button :) witch i cannot stress enough how great that feature is. :)

Thanks
    RJ
  8. Adam

Adam Member

Loved your review RJ very informative,the best part is yo uhave fun with it,i look forward to more reviews by you!!

one question-Is it better/same than the x8hplus for xbmc?

thank you
    robertojorge likes this.
  9. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi Adam, thanks for the feedback!! I do have a lot of fun reviewing :) Almost finishing the tests on Z64 Windows

Regarding the performance in XBMC is the same i see no diferences other than the ones that i pointed out - Faster loading apps and no Native 4K output, other than that both give you great results. I have no dought that either that you chose you will be very happy with its performance.

Best Regards
    RJ
  10. handroid

handroid New Member

Hi Roberto. Thanks for your review. I have some issues with the Z64 Android. The screen flickers every now and than. HDMI signal is not stable I have installed the latest firmware and and tried all HDMI settings but the problem remains. In Kodi clicking the left mouse button doesn't work. Is it just me or do you have the same results?

While you are busy testing the Windows version, can you check the Dolby 5.1. and DTS sound. Is it true that the Minix does not support multi channel sound. Check http://androidpc.es/blog/2015/02/18/analisis-minix-neo-z64-windows-edition-con-soc-intel-z3537f/
  11. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi, thanks for the feedback. My Z64 works flawless, no problems at all regarding fickering. I would suggest to test the device with a different TV and different cable so that you can troubleshoot if the problem is from outside the box.

In Kodi as you could see on screen everything just runs great all butons work. Test the remote to see if the left button works on other aps or if its just on Kodi.

Regarding the sound question i would read the official thread @ http://www.minixforum.com/threads/f...s-between-android-windows-os.3934/#post-38936 witch explains the differences between the Z64 W and Z64 Android specially regarding the audio. QUOTE "Windows 8.1 - support stereo audio only, passthrough driver is not available from Intel." END OF QUOTE

Regarding your problems with the flickering and the remote if they persist after you troublshoot, i would sugget to contact minix support as they will be the right person to advise what to do in case of any hardware malfunction, witch is something that is not usual but possible.

Hope it helps
    RJ
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  12. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

13. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Hi RJ,

Please uninstall your existing AirPin(PRO) app manually, and install the one below for testing:
    http://minix.com.hk/downfile/AirPin_PRO_2.5.7.apk
    Update will be released on Play Store very soon.
    Thanks.
    robertojorge likes this.
  14. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi Ken, thanks for that. Im not in town today, but tomorrow as soon i arrive will test and will post the feedback here!!
    Thanks
  15. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi again Ken,

Just Tested :) Everything is just Perfect! Great support and really fast. ;)
    Great work!!

RJ

PS: Already updated my reviews stating that as i was sure Minix took care of things. As usual by the way.
    MINIX - Ken likes this.
  16. seeke

seeke Member

17. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi Seeke, until now i have not experienced any lan problems, and have been using every day :)
  18. lorenzo

lorenzo New Member

Hi,
    I saw your video and you told us about the difference between Z64 and 8h plus.
    One question: Is it possible use the z64 to see 4k video?
    Thank you so much
  19. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

20. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi Lorenzo, it will play the 4K as you may see in the video on the 1st post at 12:09 minutes. It will be downscaled to 1080p, but looks awesome non the less.
    On the other hand if you need real 4K output then you will need the X8H Plus

Hope it helps.
    RJ