1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Neo Z64W doesn't start anymore after Windows 10 update [Help]

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Windows 10/8.1' started by asaf69, Sep 28, 2016.

1. MAS1

MAS1 Member

Go away
  2. FKA

FKA Active Member

On my side, except for the BIOS issue (that could have happened to any manufacturer), I have used it for 2 years on a daily basis without any issue.
    And I'm not sure another manufacturer will bring you such support.
    MAS1 and Villa like this.
  3. Casey

Casey New Member

jawohl herr commandant!

Funny how your only response was to call me a noob and then you call me a troll?

Surely just replying to call someone a noob IS trolling....

I had/have genuine concerns about the reliability of this device - bios, wifi, sound, all went wrong according to posts here. Replying to say thanks for helping me come to a decision is not trolling.
  4. CanBert

CanBert New Member

Is there anyone in Canada that can fix this for me?? Just happened today Jan 10, 2017. I think it was Amlogistics driver update thing.....
  5. CanBert

CanBert New Member

It was a great device until today --
  6. Casey

Casey New Member

What happened "today" (Tuesday, !0:46)?

Did it die? - Ahh, *scrolls up*, I see.. the driver issue thing.

I've seen so many bad reports, across various forums and reviews, about this.. as well as here... that I'm turned away from it now.
  7. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

What is Amlogistics driver?
    How would that be related to an Intel device?
  8. CanBert

CanBert New Member

It was a device driver updater thing....I don't remember the exact name of the thing......sent to be fixed -- thanks Ken.
  9. antoinks

antoinks New Member

My device which is more than a year old has been used day in-day out and working without any issues encountered. Windows 10 updated up to 15 Jan 2017 and problem free as expected.
    MAS1 and Villa like this.
  10. MaxFarmax

MaxFarmax New Member

Dear Ken,

I know you guys are on holidays, but it's OK to reply when you get back to work. I have the same problem as above with my Minix z64. Blue light is on but doesn't show anything up on screen. I read through the thread, I am not as computer literate as most of the folks here, but anyhow, I understand that I have missed out on the Hong Kong repair service you were offering. I can try to flash the Bios myself, I will purchase the USB programmer and the 1.8 adapter online, but I understand I need the software for this from you. How can I get it? Plus, do you have a step by step guide on how to flash the Bios?
    Thank you for your time, I hope you are enjoying the holidays.
    Best,
    Simon
  11. CanBert

CanBert New Member

I'm still waiting on a reply from Minix...I sent email to them. If they can see me me a new BIOS chip.. I can get it soldered. I'll pay for the chip if I have to. Prob easier then shipping the whole unit back and forth.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk
  12. Villa

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/n...dows-10-update-help.14122/page-37#post-114111
  13. Villa

Probably easier to buy the flashing kit and reflash the chip!
  14. CanBert

CanBert New Member

The easiest would be toss it in the trash and not buy Minix products again. Sure not their fault but it sure wasn't mine.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk
  15. MaxFarmax

MaxFarmax New Member

Hi Villa, thank you for your reply and the link you posted. I have had a look at the files included and the step by step guide is for a tablet, "Recovering-a-Bricked-Chuwi-Hi12", I know it simply suggests to apply the same procedure for the Mnix. Is there anything else, like a video, or at least a step by step guide specifically for the Minix? It seems a little complicated still for me.
    Thanks
  16. MarkCwee

MarkCwee Member

Just follow the steps in guide.
    It took me 5 minutes to recover my Z64W. Just relax. ;)
    Villa likes this.
  17. MaxFarmax

MaxFarmax New Member

Heh! Ok, thanks. Will try it.
  18. MaxFarmax

MaxFarmax New Member

I found the flashing stuff on amazon, but missing the 1.8v adapter. Any links on where to buy it?
    appreciated!
  19. MarkCwee

MarkCwee Member

aliexpress or ebay europe

I bought all the stuff from aliexpress (about 15 USD for all 3 components). Shipment around 3 weeks... :/ but worth it ;)
  20. MarkCwee

MarkCwee Member