1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Neo Z64W doesn't start anymore after Windows 10 update [Help]

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Windows 10/8.1' started by asaf69, Sep 28, 2016.

1. CanBert

CanBert New Member

Well since no reply for 3 months from minix support -- can someone link me to what I need to buy to try anf reflash this thing...lol..or anyone in western Canada want to make $20??
  2. FKA

FKA Active Member

Here is what you need
    m.ebay.fr/itm/24-25-Series-EEPROM-BIOS-USB-Programmer-SOIC8-Clip-On-Board-1-8V-Adapter-/152225401902
    MarkCwee likes this.
  3. CanBert

CanBert New Member

Thank You, ordered and this should be fun.
  4. FKA

FKA Active Member

The reflash itself with the correct tools is easy.
  5. nardeeno

nardeeno New Member

Hi all, woke up today and my minix z64w is bricked with all the symptoms mentioned, black screen, no bios loading etc. What's the next steps, should I post it to my reseller or directly to minix hk?

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

If it is under warranty then contact the reseller. If it is not then you need to find help here.
  7. nardeeno

nardeeno New Member

Have it over two years, so out of warranty, so need to reflash it? Anyone in UK who can help me out?

8. FKA

FKA Active Member

Easiest solution is to buy a flashing kit (everything described in this thread) and do the reflash yourself. it's a ten minutes job
  9. nardeeno

nardeeno New Member

Yeah I gathered that, just going through 80 pages... If someone has AliExpress links to that flashing kit I would appreciate, and link to post of step by step flashing procedure. Cheers

10. Winx

Winx New Member

11. nardeeno

nardeeno New Member

So quick update, contacted Amazon seller who told me to call Amazon directly and Amazon told me to return the box for full refund, had it 23 months. Must have been 2 years warranty on it. Done!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  12. Anish Dixit

Anish Dixit New Member

Hello everyone.
    New on this forum...came searching when my Z64w bricked with the same issues as described on this thread.

After going through the 41 pages, I gathered the following :

1. Minix recalled and fixed the bricked devices till last Nov. But they are not doing it anymore (OR are they?)
    2. There's some hardware kit that can be used to reflash the BIOS but no step by step instructions with images or a video to do it (OR is there?)

I would prefer option 1 even if it costs a bit to ship the device to be fixed. @ken, is that possible? Please PM
    OR
    If option 1 is not possible, any help on how to go through option 2

Thanks in advance !!
  13. CanBert

CanBert New Member

Good luck..... I got zero reply from MINIX folk after 5 attempts I ordered the stuff to flash it myself. In the end I tossed it out and swore never to buy another product from them. I too had no problem shipping it and paying a few bucks but no one returned my emails. I had bought x5 an x6 two x7s two x8h plus and two z64s one still good. But I will never give them another dime.
  14. FKA

FKA Active Member

It's strange that the problem still occur now. The faulty update that causes the issue has been removed a long time ago.
    Anyway, to my knowledge, they do not recall the devices anymore.
    The flashing kit reference and procedure is somewhere in this thread. I can have a look in my archives for the procedure and the needed software when I'm back from holidays but you can still safely buy the flashing kit in the meantime (I've given the link a number of times in my previous posts)
  15. FKA

FKA Active Member

I don't how the support by email is working at minix but the forum is great for getting support. You should have asked for a procedure here. We all had great support here when our devices went down
    Villa likes this.
  16. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

17. CanBert

CanBert New Member

I did --- But it would of been easier to spend a few bucks and send it to them. It's okay I was prob spending 2k a month on Minix devices and then after this happened $0. I lost use of one box. They lost 2k a month from me. Why can't they answer emails??? Not a hard thing to do.
  18. Anish Dixit

Anish Dixit New Member

Tried flashing using the kit and the instructions in the link...I get an error
    "Chip with the contents are in disagreement" when I verify the flash...and the box still doesn't boot.

Any ideas or help from people who have flashed successfully would be highly appreciated.
  19. Michael Dahan

Michael Dahan New Member

I Ordered the part flashed using the kit and the instructions.
    Z64W still blue light and not HDMI output.
    any help or ideas would be appreciated since now its more useful as paperweight.
  20. MarkCwee

MarkCwee Member

I've flashed the box without issues, following the manual on this forum.