1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Neo Z64W doesn't start anymore (fix: to CLEAR CMOS)

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Windows 10/8.1' started by NetAndif, Apr 24, 2015.

1. NetAndif

NetAndif Member

My Neo Z64W doesn't work no more. Power supply is working but nothing happens when i press the power button (no blue light).
    This is since i changed the setting in the BIOS -> S5 mode after power fail.
    What could i do now?
  2. NetAndif

NetAndif Member

If anyone else tries to enable WakeOnLAN on the Z64 - it seems that the Z64 can't support it.
    So don't change the 'after power fail' setting to S5 as this may be a bug which leads to a dead box.
    I'm going to return my Z64W for replacement.
  3. FKA

FKA Active Member

Got the same issue.
    Opened it, unplugged the BIOS battery and put replugged it.
    It went fine again
  4. NetAndif

NetAndif Member

Thanks very much!! It' working again :)
  5. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Hello, we are looking into this issue now.

And, to reset the BIOS, you don't have to open the case and unplug the battery!

Simply find a pin and punch into the little hole at the back of the case (left),

there is a clear CMOS button there.
    leolas likes this.
  6. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

HA, I saw it but didn't thought it will clear the CMOS (I thought it's maybe for the Android version to boot to recovery or something like that) and it fixes also my problem
    THX
  7. FKA

FKA Active Member

well, I tried the reset button as a first solution but it didn't work for me. That's why I had to unplug the battery
  8. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

It fixed my problem only temporary... the missing entry is back...
  9. Rivers

Rivers New Member

Thanks for the great info. Clearing the BIOS can be done on the NGC- 1 as well.
  10. Elko

Elko New Member

Thank you. The reset button worked for me too; but I think you have to unplug the box before pushing down the reset button.
  11. escaflowne

escaflowne New Member

Thank you for the suggestion,

for the correct step, we need unplug the power cable , then push the pin hole button,
    after that plug the power cable and following by pushing the power button, and release the pin hole button after the HDD light start blinking.

It's similar step within Minix android
  12. ryane2003

ryane2003 New Member

After setting up Windows and restarting my computer will no longer boot. Attempt to start repair by displaying the message 'Preparing Automatic repair" but never starts. I have pressed the "reset" button on the bottom but issue persists. Does anyone know how to get around this or resolve it?