1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Netflix and Kodi

Discussion in 'NGC-1' started by Michal, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Michal

Michal New Member

Hello,

Since long time I’m looking for tv box that matches my simple criteria:

Kodi and Netflix, seems simple but what I need:

SPDiF out (DD5.1 and DTS) cause my amp doesn’t have HDMI input yet

Problem is with Netflix which I would like to watch in HD AND 5.1.

Due to this demand I can barely find a device that run smooth with no problems.

All android devices are screwed by Netflix or with HD or with 5.1 sound.

What I know Netflix HD and 5.1 sound is available on Windows 10 marketplace app.

So here is my question:

Is it working through SPDiF on Minix NGC-1? (specs seems fine, in theory there should be no problems but I’d like to be sure before I buy it).

I know that is overkill for my demands but cannot find any other solutions.

Second question is it working smoothly on Kodi while watching 1080p mkv’s from local network with 24p (23.976 fps)? And if yes, does it auto change refresh rate on movie start like on android devices?

I’m coming from minix neo X8-H and I barely survived stuttering for such long time in the past.

I don’t want to feel it anymore…
  2. Marm

Marm Member

I am not going to answer your question but I am going to ask you a simple question: Why haven't you upgraded your amplifier? It really is the core of your system.

If you are not in a hurry and money is a problem, you may be surprised how cheaply you can buy a great used system. Many people are selling great used systems because they want the latest connected amplifier. There are many places you can buy good use amplifiers.

I have two, one bought as an 'open box,' and further reduced from its' normal $329.00 CAN to $169.00. But the other one is a damaged high end system that originally sold for about $700 CAN a few years ago but I got it for $40, so cheaply at a yard sale because one HDMI port is dead and so was the woofer. I solved the input problems by adding a 5 port HDMI hub on clearance for $20 and a matching woofer for $10 from another yard sale. This amp cost me only $70 and 5.1 sound is wonderful. In all fairness, I have very limited resources and spent most Saturdays during one Summer and about $50 in gas going to yard sales to put together my bagain system.

I am sure you love your old amplifier but it is time to move on. If you write a careful advertisement, you may surprise yourself how much you can sell it for. Watch for sale opportunities to buy a replacement. I have seen amplifiers at our local hock shop at $200 to $300 below their original price. Good luck.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017