1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Release Netflix app has issues

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by Metal Mick, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Metal Mick

Metal Mick New Member

Hi all, I just got my U9-H and I find I often get the following message if I start Netflix and then exit and then return again: "There is a problem playing the video (5.2)" I then have to shut the video down, exit Netflix and restart the box to get the video playing again.

According to Netflix, I should upgrade the app. Play Store won't allow me to however, saying the app isn't optimised for my device, even if it can be found there - I saw it a couple of days ago and now it isn't there.

Should I just download the latest apk and install that - I'd be going from 5.0.5 to 6.8-something?

My firmware is also completely up to date. Any other thoughts would be most welcome.

2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Uninstall what ever version you are currently using and try out one of these ! Do a reboot after install and if asked to upgrade to a newer version decline it !
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/netflix-hd-app-login-error.18227/#post-146737

Unfortunately MINIX are not Google certified devices and that's why you are unable to install certain Apps from the PlayStore:( Netflix being one

3. Metal Mick

Metal Mick New Member

Many thanks. I'll give them a try.

4. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Both work well for me ! (y)

5. Metal Mick

Metal Mick New Member

Hi all, just to close off this thread, I downloaded Netflix TV 5.3.1 (build date July 2 2018) and it is working very well.

Many thanks for your help.

skynet, kingsizept, Villa and 2 others like this.