1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Netflix bug ?

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by anno_satanae, Jan 5, 2018.

1. anno_satanae

anno_satanae New Member

Hello everyone , i bought a u9-h this christmas and it came with the netflix app installed , it works very well butt as soon as i try to download the tv episodes it stores but only plays the sound the image is a big green screen .
    My old mini x7 neo had the app but it did not have the download option , i bought this one so i could donwload the episodes and that's what apens , talk about bad luck .
  2. anno_satanae

anno_satanae New Member

Wouldn't be nice if a friend who has netflix gave you his access , and you could download the movie or tv show episode so you could later watch at the same time as he is watching his own things without messing with his stream . Unfortunatly the netflix app that came with my Neo U9-H only download the sound and subtitles , the image is green .
    Come on guys who can fix stuff like that , please .
  3. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

We as a household are using Netflix more and more, they've seemed to have stepped their game up recently, at least here in Canada ;) The ability to download and watch later never interested me as you can just watch it when you have time, I don't travel much unfortunately:(
    In saying that... you should be able to ! I attempted to do so after seeing your OP, I found exactly what you are reporting . I'm going to play around with the U9 over the weekend to see if it's a setting or something or if Minix will have to look at this possible bug .
    steveg32 and Villa like this.
  4. midnight

So I had a chance to play around with Netflix on the U9. I had version 5.3.1 on both my U1 and U9. The U1 was able to download and play back with no problems. When I went into " Netflix About" on both units the only difference I could see was the build dates, release keys and the OS API version. The U1 had 5.3.1 (code 19296) OS API:22. the U9 had 5.3.1 (code 19296) API:23 . I was not able to locate the same one that was on the U1 but I went here ....https://netflix.en.uptodown.com/android/old .... found another build of 5.3.1. installed it and I can now download and watch later without any issue's on the U9 (y)

The build I now have on the U9 is 5.3.1 (code19295) OS API:23
    Not entirely sure what the difference is between builds but it works and so far I don't notice any big difference !:)
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Villa and steveg32 like this.
  5. anno_satanae

anno_satanae New Member

Thanks midnight , another question since it downloads to local storage , is it possible to extend the local storage with android 6 , so i can donwload an entire season ? if it is not to much to ask .
  6. Berksy

Berksy New Member

Hey i have an other problem with my netflix app an my minix u1!
    Since the last update of netflix some shows doesn't work and the app crashes
    So i went to the netflix help page where they say its because of Lollipop, so they explained how i can install an older version...
    After i installed the older version its the same problem: i can't watch the shows i want to and the app crashes :(
    Is there any possibility i can update my u1 with an higher version of android?
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  7. midnight

Uninstall whatever version you currently have installed and install this one.....http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=Netflix_v5.3.1_HD.apk Whenever you are asked about installing a newer version decline it ! (cancel) Reboot your U1 after the new install. If you have problems with being able to watch what you download with this version , you may have to follow my suggestion in post #4
  8. midnight

It may be possible but under the download location for Netflix I only see "internal storage" as an option. You may have to give it permissions ?? If I get a chance I will give it a go over the next few days and report back !
    TBH I'm not sure why you need to download an entire season ? why not just watch it when you have time. I believe all downloaded material has an expiry as to how long you have to view the content .
  9. anno_satanae

anno_satanae New Member

I have to download an entire season because , it's not my acount it's a friend's acount so i don't what to mess with his streaming while he is watching something , so i donwload what i whant to watch early in the morning and at night i simply disconect the wifi and watch it off line .
  10. midnight

The basic account allows two devices at once but I understand now. I still haven't had a chance to look into this but I will, hopefully soon.
  11. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Is this valid?
    I don't use Netflix so I have no idea!

How to change your download location:

1. Launch the Netflix application on your phone or tablet
    2. Tap on the Menu icon in the upper-left side of the screen
    3. Scroll down to App Settings
    4. Locate the Download Location option in the Downloads section
    5. Select Download Location and tap on SD Card
    Now that you have changed the download location, you can go ahead and download content to your phone or tablet like normal. You can find Netflix content that is available for download by opening the menu and selecting the Available for Download option. Once you find something that you like, tap on the downward facing arrow to download it to your device.
  12. midnight

I believe it is on most or Certified devices ?? I looked in the same location as you mentioned but for some reason with the versions I'm currently using I only see ... Download location option is " Internal Storage ". The SD card is recognized on the device . It may be a setting or perhaps something to do with the version ? :unsure:
    Villa likes this.
  13. anno_satanae

anno_satanae New Member

All i can say guys is that my rich friend that is paying for netflix has 4 diferent users , and he let me use one of his users to download and watch it off line , i am not even one of this 4 users he has . He just said to me use this xxxx name witch is my cusin account and download and i' let him know it's you that are downloading so he does not delet your content . Thanks to midnight and his version we are six ( 6 ) watching netflix legally .
  14. anno_satanae

anno_satanae New Member

So far my downloads lasted more that a week , but it would be nice we could move them into another location so that the netflix app could not delet them after a will , or we could watch them with another player like mxplayer , that's if we could move the stored files .
  15. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Even if you could move them they are probably embedded with some code which means they will still expire.
  16. midnight

I believe @Villa you are spot on ! Netflix would definitely not want users to be able to move and store downloads, for obvious reasons :)
  17. anno_satanae

anno_satanae New Member

For now i would just settle for some latest version of the app that would not have that gitch of the green screen , the rest i can live with it .