1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

X8-H Netflix subtitle problem

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by danee, May 1, 2016.

1. danee

danee New Member

Hi, i own two minix X8-H Plus players. Both have the same problem when i use Netflix. The subtitels are not working at times. Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont.

On my iphone the subtitles do work with no problems.

My minix has the latest android update, and also the latest netflix update.

I tried to reinstall netflix, i tried the in app option to turn subtitles on and of. Nothing works.

Anyone with a solution?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk
    Joaquim Melo likes this.
  2. Joaquim Melo

Joaquim Melo New Member

I have the same problem.
    Anyone help ?
  3. Maario

Maario New Member

Hey

I have same problem (Z64A). I talked with netflix support and they said that some people have also complained about subtitles. They are working on the problem and it should be fixed with one of the upcoming updates (they did not say when). I myself use netflix on the computer because of that (the Minix box sadly remains unused until problem is fixed). It is strange that not all android devices are with the same problem. Is it because old android on minix (4.4)?
    Joaquim Melo likes this.
  4. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

bleh... they told me it could be because of network connectivity
    because of the issue, i switched regions a couple of times
    the subtitles got "Stucked" asked me to reboot my router/modem.
    not like it help,
  5. danee

danee New Member

Just updated netflix, no solution. For me it helps to exit te movie and start it up again until the subtitle works. Most of the times it works after 3/4 times restarting the movie.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk
  6. goalando

goalando New Member

Still no fix????
    Please help us fixing this problem...
  7. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

this has something to do with your dns / ip address.
    there is nothing for Minix to fix here.
  8. Maario

Maario New Member

I don't see how it can be dns/ip problem. But... for some time now the problem is solved for me. Had only one problem. When I was bingewatching Mythbusters, then I noticed that when the season changed, then the first episode was without subtitles but when I exited the show and played it again, it was all fine. To this time, no more problems with subtitles. Seems that netflix fixed the problem :)
  9. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

I contacted Netflix and that was what I was told.
    I observed that also.
    Subtitled does not display, I try vpn and subtitle show.
  10. Vix

Vix New Member

I realise it's been over a year since the last post, but what the hell. Only now have I gotten around to trying out the free Netflix month, so... My problem is that the subtitles never appear using my Minix X8-H Plus. Not once. I'm able to change the audio, but with the subtitles - nothing. I've tried installing older versions of Netflix, thinking it might be a compatibility problem, but the closest I got was that in one of the versions, instead of absolutely nothing happening, an actual error message appeared, saying something along the lines of "Unable to change subtitle track. Please try again". In this thread the accepted explanation seems to be that it's a dns/ip problem, and since I'm no expert I'll accept that explanation, but could someone please explain how it is that the subtitles work seamlessly on my PC, Sony smart TV (not my main TV and obviously not the one I'm using the Minix with) and on my android phone?
    Having said all that, I'd be happy to just use VPN, but the VPN service I'm paying for is detected by Netflix, and apparently so are most services of the kind nowadays. So if I get desperate enough I might go and try out a bunch of other VPNs and get my money back through their money back guarantees, but most likely I'll just not renew my Netflix subscription. A pity because I love it, and I've really loved my Minix up until now, too.