1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Netflix TV App, By Pass methods ?

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by TechnoKing, May 19, 2017.

1. TechnoKing

TechnoKing New Member

Is there Any way we could bypass the settings within our minix boxes to enable the "Netflix android TV app" to install on our minix boxes without showing incompatibility. Unfortunately, minix is not considered as an android tv by Netflix, however, can we bypass this in order to gain compatibility to use on the Netflix TV app as opposed to the standard mobile app on our app stores, it's just more convenient and user-friendly especially when using our neo remote controls.

Using the mobile app Netflix is fine however like I have said, it's just a nuisance when using it on my remote control, is there any 3rd party apps or anything that can be used or done i.e. esn, model change etc..

I understand the minix family is having problems regarding licencing from Netflix's side though it seems to be the final curtain call from that company and unfortunately for us Minix users they just do not want to make official our boxes so can there be a patch or bypass methods guys :)

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    WebDevStudio likes this.
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

3. TechnoKing

TechnoKing New Member

I have just tried this @Villa sadly its shows the following below:

[​IMG]

I forgot to clear the cache for the initial app that was downloaded and installed from the app store, should i clear the cache & delete this TV MOD app, then install the Netflix app from the app store as well as the APK tv app from the appmirrors, clear the cache and then reinstall the TV Mod app again and see if that works ?

Thank you for your reply.
  4. TechnoKing

TechnoKing New Member

@Villa

Thanks, villa, sadly it does not work, your method and clearing the cache. This being on my U9-h minix box, I formatted my box and updated it via the minix OTA updater app to the latest firmware. Uninstalled some of the other bloatware apps etc.. hopefully, this has had no bearing behind why this Netflix MOD may not work. hmm its a shame.

Do you know any other ways tips, to get around this?

Thanks for your help again.
  5. TechnoKing

TechnoKing New Member

Hi All,

Just wondered if there any compatible or modded/hacked version of netflix tv apk version that can be used on our minix boxes that is remote control friendly as oppose to the google play mobile phone touch screen version on the app store.

I have tried download the TV APK on the apkmirror site however when playing movies etc... it shows an error that is unable to play the content.

Anyone know a way round this, i have also used a previous mod netflix apk which was given to me by a user on here but sadly that too did not work.

thanks. all

[Moderator Edit: Please don't open multiple threads for the same thing. Post has been moved to your existing thread.]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2017