1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Network card stop

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Windows 10/8.1' started by BartSch, Dec 4, 2017.

1. BartSch

BartSch New Member

I'm running a Z64 (Windows version) for about 2 years now that's acting as a home server so powered up 24/7. There is no screen, keyboard or mouse connected so I can only access it through TeamViewer or similar remote login software.
    In the beginning, the network card seemed to stop very exceptionally which meant hard booting the device (since there is no screen or keyboard connected) and I wasn't too worried since this only happened every 2-3 months let's say. Unfortunately, the frequency of occurence is slowly rising and last week alone, I needed to reboot 4 times. This is very unpractical since it also means no access to my home control software. I'm sure the device itself is still working fine when the network adapter stops since I can see in the log files of my home control system (that's running on the Z64) that everything keeps logging and functioning.
    I wonder if it has something to do with the 3000mA, 5V power adapter that comes with the Z64. I remember having similar issues with another "Homeserver" that seemed to function properly except for the network adapter and there the power adapter was responsible. Buying a slightly stronger one (4000mA or 5000mA) is a possibility.
    The network indicator is still lit on the ethernet switch it's connected to but I can't see the Z64 in my network anymore. I already exchanged the ethernet cable running to my switch (it's only 30cm/1ft between the two) but without success.
    Any help/suggestions welcome.

2. BarryKemp

BarryKemp New Member

Mine also stopped on 12 January 2018.
    Tried Hardware scans.
    The lights on the router still shows that there is connectivity but no Network cards are displayed on device manager.

Running on WiFi but it's too slow for streaming via Plex