1. Official MINIX forum

New Android version

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by scubascuba3, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:40 PM.

1. scubascuba3

scubascuba3 Member

What's the latest on being able to upgrade Android to next version? What's the timescale?
  2. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member

midnight likes this.
  3. scubascuba3

scubascuba3 Member

Keep your hair on son, finding the thread was a needle in a haystack. Feel free to close it if it makes you feel better.

I see your thread has failed at getting a decent answer from the minix guys
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017 at 2:14 AM
  4. midnight

midnight Active Member

I hope you know who has the ability to close threads ??o_O... vague question, maybe that's why you got no response from the "minix guys";) I think @ Menorca Man knows the answer !!... who asked the question again ??:unsure:
  5. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

actually, in fact, you are able to "upgrade" immediately, right now yes.
    just not on this box but by getting a new device with what you want, because there won't be upgrades to this box, only updates.

pardon any offence taken, non intended
  6. midnight

midnight Active Member

7. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

Well I said immediately Aye?
    We'll see...
  8. scubascuba3

scubascuba3 Member

I don't think its much to ask for Minix to confirm if there will be an upgrade or not. If not i plan to buy a non minix pretty soon.
  9. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Go ahead! (y)
    midnight and Menorca Man like this.
  10. scubascuba3

scubascuba3 Member

Any ball park date?
  11. Webdrifter

Webdrifter New Member

I can hardly wait, since Kodi 17.0 final is on the brink of being released.
  12. Webdrifter

Webdrifter New Member

I'm curious how long people will wait after the release of Kodi 17.0 Final before they decide to go shopping somewhere else if Minix takes too long for them to deliver.
  13. midnight

midnight Active Member

I have Kodi 17 currently on my Laptop and I don't really see what all the big panic or excitement is :unsure: I have 16.3 on my U1 and although 17 is new and I have to get use to it , I don't plan on putting it on the U1 right now . 16.3 is working just fine and actually I prefer it to be honest , 17 is going to take some time to get use to it :).

"How long will people wait ?".... only time will tell :)
    Villa likes this.