1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Announcement New Forum

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by HardwareGuru, Aug 10, 2014.

1. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

We'll try to copy the most important threads. Don't worry.

2. Joster

Joster New Member

Very strange, I can't reach the new forum from my laptop or pc, but I can with my mobile phone. The old forum was no problem..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  3. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Maybe your provider has DNS issues and then it would be solved as soon as the TTL expires.

If it is something in your PC please open command prompt and type;
    ping www.minixforum.com
    it should look like this:
    Code:
    C:\Users\Gebruiker>ping www.minixforum.com

Pingen naar minixforum.com [109.236.85.125] met 32 bytes aan gegevens:
    Antwoord van 109.236.85.125: bytes=32 tijd=9 ms TTL=56
    Antwoord van 109.236.85.125: bytes=32 tijd=7 ms TTL=56
    Antwoord van 109.236.85.125: bytes=32 tijd=8 ms TTL=56
    Antwoord van 109.236.85.125: bytes=32 tijd=8 ms TTL=56

Ping-statistieken voor 109.236.85.125:
        Pakketten: verzonden = 4, ontvangen = 4, verloren = 0
        (0% verlies).

De gemiddelde tijd voor het uitvoeren van één bewerking in milliseconden:
        Minimum = 7ms, Maximum = 9ms, Gemiddelde = 8ms
    If the IP ( big number) is different you can type:
    ipconfig /flushdns.
    Then try again and see if it matches the above.

If it matches open the browser again, if not i am curiouse what IP is showing with you..
    Good luck

4. Joster

Joster New Member

Thanks, already did these steps and also did a tracert. Ip is correct, time is correct.

Result is a usercheck and I get a checkpoint appliance on my own network (network of the company I work for). So that's it, the network over here can't deal with this. I'm not able to let them fix this, unfortunately.

http://192.168.250.5/UserCheck/PortalMain?IID=F72960F3-7C17-691D-D278-9B977AEB4F57&origUrl=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5taW5peGZvcnVtLmNvbS8

"Geen gegevens ontvangen"

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  5. Cybermonk

Cybermonk New Member

I like the new forum, nice work.
    Is it just coincidence? The theme/colors... looks a lot like the metro launcher :)

6. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

They are official minix colors indeed :D

7. -= Cara =-

-= Cara =- New Member

I like blues...

Frank Bowman likes this.
  8. BigD_ca

BigD_ca Member

I do have to say in either forum I don' t get replies to my questions. So not sure what to do anymore.

9. Dnerve

Dnerve Active Member

Sooooo nice comment....

So I looked at your 'questions' and I was able to answer most by doing 5 minutes searches. Also most of them are posted like.....Now! it's a weekend in the middle of holidays season and this is a community, not a customer helpdesk.

Most of your queries are XBMC related with lots of forums more efficient and active than this one with broader audiences. As for the X5 queries, they will be answered, be patient and also a bit more curious about self-help.....

Higgs and Gh0st like this.
  10. vaioguy

vaioguy New Member

I am new to this Minix forum. Can you direct me to the OLD Minix forum

11. Dnerve

Dnerve Active Member

Hi and Welcome!

Have a look at www.minixforums.com

12. vaioguy

vaioguy New Member

13. anhil

anhil New Member

@web designers of the site:

Please consider revising the green colour (eventhough it is part of official Minix colour therme) at least in the quoted message texts. The combination of green colour and colour shift makes the first line of the quoted nessages quite unreadable. The colours should never be chosen an account of readability - that is the well known #1 rule of web design ;) And yes - I am using my X8-H in order to (try to) read the forum @1080p
    --
    anhil

Bank likes this.
  14. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

Thank you for pointing it out. We didnt have time to check every single thing before going online. We had picked up some of the colour issues but obviously missed some others.

15. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

Just looking now though it doesn't seem hard to read to me at all.
    I'll discuss it with the others guys to see what they think

16. anhil

anhil New Member

I agreed it is OK when using Desktop/Laptop/Tablet or any other device with built in or dedicated display. However, when using an Android TV box like Minix X8-H and TV as your display device, the colours are mapped quite differently. Even though I have a quite expensive Sony 55" LCD TV @ 1080p as my display device, the first line of the quoted message (the one with the shifting green colour) is like reading Mongolian language (with all the respect to native Mongolian speakers).
    --
    anhil

Gh0st likes this.
  17. Kevin

Kevin Member

How do I access the old site? I am new here and want to make sure I have not missed anything

18. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

19. bandit0

bandit0 Member

Having a hard time determining links on this forum. Your CSS for a:link has text-decoration: none; which makes links in a post look just like the regular text (ie no underline). This makes it hard to tell what text is text and what text is a link as I have to hover over all the text to get the a:hover style to appear. Any chance you can amend the css file? Not too familiar with this forum software but it looks like adding the following rule will make the links in posts easier to read while leaving other links alone:
    Code:
    a.externalLink, a.internalLink { text-decoration: underline; }

Thanks!

20. Joster

Joster New Member

Maybe this was the problem, it's working right now :)