1. We are having national holidays from 1/10 to 8/10, please note.

NEW! Minix U1 EZ root ZIP method

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Rawhide85, Dec 17, 2015.

1. David_Cole

David_Cole Member

Some free apps have ads... I just don't like ads period... Youtube ad away is awesome as well

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I use apps that detect root and will not function so I will put up with ads if I have too!
  3. David_Cole

David_Cole Member

To each his own... I've never ran into that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  4. bitweasel

bitweasel New Member

I can have superuser rights on any every computer I own. if I find that I can not, I return the system, as the sale was not completed.

I don't always need them, and don't always enable them, but I can't maintain a system I don't have full access to.

for android, I haven't had an app not work with root, but I know there are a few which don't, especially in the streaming space.

some of the first android apps I paid for were titanium and root explorer.

I haven't wanted to install it on the MINIX yet, but for me, droidmote server is an obvious candidate app with a root requirement, as well as titanium and a custom recovery
  5. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

I also root all my Android devices (all my smartphones) and i don't want to buy a device i can't root. So i check it before.

Anyway, the U1 is the only device i didn't need to root. No need for Titanium backup because no need to freeze or uninstall any scrapware. No need for a custom recovery too :rolleyes:
    Droidmote should be a good reason to root, but the A2 lite is working so fine so you souldn't need to install any other application.
  6. 4891

4891 New Member

last weeks after i completely read this topic i rooted my MINIX NEO U1 and today i just disable SuperSU and updated to FW009A and after update my device still rooted and everything is fine
    i just wana say tanx for root guide an all feedback
    sorry for my bad english grammer
    fffaj and David_Cole like this.
  7. yudumcan

yudumcan Member

hi mate how do you disable supersu? do you disable it before the update? also does the root comes with supersu?
  8. yudumcan

yudumcan Member

Hi all, after few discussions and reads I decided to give root a go on my new U1. I have the files downloaded and ready but the problem is I don't have a SD card. I only have a usb stick so was wondering if I could root it through a USB stick?
    Also when I root it and there's an OTA do I need to update it manually and root again?

Cheers
  9. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

I didn't tested it BUT I would say no because the AMLogic devices are able to boot from SD but not from USB and if I'm not wrong in this case this possibility to boot from SD is use (e.g. to use the older recovery where finless has the keys to 'secure' the script)...

Because of OTA this is already more than enough discussed at this thread...
  10. yudumcan

yudumcan Member

Is the supersu unroot option work? Do I still need to flash the stock image?
  11. LeonB

LeonB New Member

Hey Guys, I don't know why but rooting my u1 doesn't work.. Every time I try to root there comes and error with "signature failed" or something like that. Some one knows why?
  12. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

"signature failed" I think it means you are not booting to the recovery.img at the microSD but to the one at the U1 and the recovery at the U1 is newer and need other keys to signature the zip-file (another idea could be to check the zip-file by trying to open it with an unzipper)
  13. 4891

4891 New Member

hi there
    go to settings in supersu app just uncheck "Enable supersu" to unroot ur device like drink water
    as I said yes just uncheck the "Enable supersu" in settings
    Yes
    at the end: after updating ur device from OTA "system update" go back to supersu & enable it from setting
  14. LeonB

LeonB New Member

And how can i boot to the recovery.img? <-- beginner

"Now this is the important part. We need to boot the recovery you put on SDcard not the internal recovery or the ezroot.zip will fail signature."

i don't get this step :oops:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
  15. Doser

Doser New Member

Should it be on a sdcard, of can it also on usb?

Regards Doser
  16. fffaj

fffaj Member

Minix U1 EZ Root Zip still working after the latest FW10 update. I downloaded the zip file, popped it into one of the three usb slots, and extracted it onto a 8GB USB flash drive and flashed it using the native Minix FW Update Application.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    skynet likes this.
  17. mrvenkman

mrvenkman New Member

I can confirm it works using a usb stick on the latest firmware.

Usb stick Formatted - Fat32

Plug usb dongle in the OTG port, then plug in USB stick

Turn on box and select the update/backup app and install from there.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    fffaj likes this.
  18. simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch New Member

Does this install TWRP recovery?
    fffaj likes this.
  19. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

fffaj and simon_lefisch like this.
  20. fffaj

fffaj Member