1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

NEW! Minix U1 EZ root ZIP method

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Rawhide85, Dec 17, 2015.

1. simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch New Member

When I used to run Android devices, this was true. I assume it's still the case.
    fffaj likes this.
  2. fffaj

fffaj Member

Thanks, Simon. I'm gonna stick with the original recovery then as I'm thinking that there isn't a lot of customs roms to support the U1 so it's kinda pointless to temper with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch New Member

Same here. I rooted my U1 so I could get some of the system apps off like Google Photos and whatnot, but yea there doesn't seem to be a lot of custom ROMs out for this unit. All good though, already seems pretty vanilla to me anyways
  4. skynet

skynet Active Member

I didn't tried by myself, but i think so.
    You can disable root but with a custom recovery you must flash a full firmware again to recover a standard recovery.
    Root is enough to save every file, no need to flash a CR. ;)
    fffaj likes this.
  5. fffaj

fffaj Member

My exact sentiments, and yeap not even a worth well trade off just so to install Xposed Modules.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    skynet likes this.
  6. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

7. jhleo1

jhleo1 New Member

I tried to disable supersu then apply OTA to NEO U1 FW011 - 20161201 but not working. Restart again and retry OTA but msg come out "your system was damaged etc".

At the end, I have to download the whole NEO U1 FW011 - 20161201 zip file and apply it under recovery mode. The system is back to unroot now.

Sigh have to redo the rooting under EZ root ZIP method again. Find it bit troublesome since it will write off all data.
    fffaj likes this.
  8. fffaj

fffaj Member

Thanks for the headsup... Will try it out myself and revert back but first can you confirm that the root method works for FW11? Else I see no real reason to update as I'm quite happy with the current setup.

skynet likes this.
  9. jhleo1

jhleo1 New Member

Well.... it is my first time to try OTA after root. I may miss out some steps.

I haven't re-root the FW11 yet. Should be no problem.

10. skynet

skynet Active Member

Yep, V10 is working fine and V11 have still some bugs. It will be corrected soon ;)
    fffaj likes this.
  11. fffaj

fffaj Member

Thank you, Skynet. I've decided to stay on V10 as V11 seems unstable and also that it wouldn't actually make any difference for me to update.

skynet likes this.
  12. skynet

skynet Active Member

I stay with V10 too, as everthing seems to working fine. I'll change for a new FW only for new features ;)
    fffaj likes this.
  13. fffaj

fffaj Member

Namely, Marshmallow!

14. fffaj

fffaj Member

Lucky I didn't bother with updating... [​IMG]

15. Sean369

Sean369 Active Member

What does that have to do with anything. One person is having problems doesn't prove anything. I and I'm sure many others have updated and have no Ill effects.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    kingsizept and Villa like this.
  16. fffaj

fffaj Member

The thread seems to have a lot of issues, no?

17. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

Villa likes this.
  18. Hub

Hub Member

Anyone can confirm so in FW010 can root by USB pendrive instead SD CARD ?

edit:// SOLVED
    I can confirm. Today I connect Pendrive 8GB (FAT32) to OTG/USB port and successfully rooted Minix U1 (frash FW010). Minix U1 see pendrive.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    skynet likes this.
  19. fffaj

fffaj Member

I've gone ahead with updating to FW11 via the USB Flash method, and this to say that the above EZ Root method is now no longer working.

skynet likes this.
  20. Hub

Hub Member

I can't confirm that. Today I connect Pendrive 8GB (FAT32) to OTG/USB port and successfully rooted Minix U1 (frash FW011, too). Minix U1 see pendrive. On both FW010 & FW011 rooting method by USB Pendrive working without any issues.
    fffaj likes this.