1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

New U1, which LibreElec 7.x or 8.x

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by krash, May 7, 2017.

1. krash

krash New Member

After lots of reading I ordered and received my new NEO U1 with A2-Lite remote.... as my new toy setup.

Part Hacker in me want to experiment... for the experienced users out there with the current state of the LibreElec projects which would be a better option to play and compare.
    7.x.x.k or the 8.x.x..j

Use will be for a standard Sammy full HD, non 4k/uhd, set.. not so fast ethernet connection and I just want to watch stream'd shows, bothe TV and/or Movies. No A/V system or soundbars... just TV. Currentky have a service provider that I would like to augment and lower my packaging bills.

2. Vinylity

Vinylity Member

I use whatever the latest build is. Seems to work fine. I recommend using an SD card instead of a USB drive to load it on.

3. krash

krash New Member

Thx... k is later than j for sure as far as latest goes... but the question was more 7.x (Jarvis) vs 8.x (Krypton) ?

I just put 8.x.x.j on SD and will see when it boots up.

4. mark2

mark2 Active Member

I have run both 7 & 8 no problem with either
    but a lot of the addons are updating to run better on 8 depends what addons you are going to use
    I will say it certainly runs fast on a decent sd card and if you dont like it just take out sd card and back to Android

5. krash

krash New Member

Loaded up 8.x.x.k fomr sd card and she's a working.... configuring as I go. I like it.

6. mark2

mark2 Active Member

For just using Kodi LibreElec works great on the U1
    even better Minix gave Kszaq the developer a U1 for testing (y)

7. B8350

B8350 New Member

I'm using Kszaq's latest build (8.0.1k) - it's working fine for me so far.

8. racko

racko New Member

Kszaq's 8.2.0.1 si working fine also, yesterday was updated to 8.2.1.1 but I haven't tried it yet.