1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

New update just got pushed to box 31/08/15

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 007 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by Wush14, Sep 1, 2015.

1. ywen

ywen New Member

Hi! Previously my SPDIF headphones (Sennheiser rs185) were unusable when output was set to PCM. Now it seems to work both with PCM and SPDIF passthrough.
    Can someone tell me which setting is better and what the differences are for music (i.e no Dolby or AC3 audio tracks)?

Would it also be possible to have a Simultaneous SPDIF/Analog audio setting?
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

It would seem that you are best placed to give feedback, since you asked for the simultaneous spdif/audio jack audio?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  3. ywen

ywen New Member

Yes, you're right. The Simultaneous HDMI/Analog audio option seems to work. I was confused by the name.
  4. red eye

red eye Member

Hello , i just make the update, volume control not working, the simoultaenous hdmi analog is not working , conected 3,5 jack to cinch cabel to my amp and hdmi to my lg tv, i select the simoultaenous Audio but nothing changed , no sound on tv .
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  5. red eye

red eye Member

I just push the digital output to hdmi passtrough and select simoultaneous hdmi/analog audio, its working i have sound on hifi and tv , great good work
    Volume control with logitech keyboard not working , the volume keys on keyboard not working, when i used the mouse from the touchpad from logitech keyboard and would change volume with the +/-on minix doesent work too , :)
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  6. Royce Lithgo

Royce Lithgo New Member

Not sure if it's related to this release or not, but I'm getting changing mac addresses using ethernet connection with this firmware. I believe that it was working with the previous release (but I could be mistaken because I changed to ethernet at about the same time as applying the update). Surely I can't be the only one with this issue. I thought it was fixed ages ago.
  7. Higgs

If you are using your headphone jack to connect to your hifi, try setting your audio digital output settings to PCM. Your volume controls should work with PCM.
  8. -=PC=-

-=PC=- New Member

Same problem with remote enter button here. Very annoying. Please fix it.
  9. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

This is a known issue and I am sure it will be fixed very soon!

I have tested the update by re-flashing 006a then updating again via FOTA.
    The issue definitely has something to do with the 007 update.
    For the time being I have gone back to 006.

The Dev. team know about it! (y)
    ciwy85 likes this.
  10. PieterB

PieterB New Member

Some ages ago HDMI-CEC worked beautifully with my Samsung LE32B530P7WXXN 1080p television. That feature ceased to work after the first or second firmware upgrade after I purchased the NEO X8-H. I wonder if that luxury will return, or that I have to trash a very good television.....
    P.
  11. Higgs

Cec is working fine with my x8-h plus and Samsung 40" smart TV (not sure of exact model) I use it all the time for navigation/control in kodi.
    Silly question maybe but is it enabled on both minix and TV?

Seems a bit extreme to trash a TV because of cec

12. PieterB

PieterB New Member

I agree. But it is frustrating and disappointing that CEC still isn't fixed. I mean, if it worked before, it can work now, don't it?

P.
  13. Higgs

Indeed it can and it does. As I said I use it all the time.

14. PieterB

PieterB New Member

The big question is why it is not working (anymore) with my television - all other CEC stuff works 'sans problème'..... And - by the way - no Samsung firmware available.

P.
  15. Villa

Please can you clarify which device you have and how you have updated the firmware as you appear to be posting the same issue in two different forums.

From what I can make out is that you have an "X8-H", so why post in the "X8-H Plus" forum?!
  16. PieterB

PieterB New Member

My mistake! I have a X8-H on a Samsung LE32B530P7WXXN 1080p television. The firmware update is OTA. I posted the same problem quite a while ago - apparently - in another forum, probably the right one....:)
    Nevertheless, the problem is real.

P.
  17. Villa

I thought it could possibly be an incorrect firmware problem.
  18. Hkr

Hkr New Member

Guys, i am unable to fast forward/rewind using the keys on my remote after this update. I have to use the seek bar on the screen to skip ahead on any video.