1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

new user... hi all and thanks in advance :-)

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus' started by loren13, Dec 8, 2017.

1. loren13

loren13 New Member

ok heres the story... got a minix neo x8h plus plugged into my tv . it may as well be a brick.. running android 4.4.2 and kodi 16.0

now im not expert at this but ive been reading a bit and i figure you can do a firmware and android update to lolipop and bring this thing back to the 21st century...

its been a while since ive played...( think glitching rom 10's and 102's for sattelite back in the day) but im not afraid to brick this thing while doing an update. im running an ABox 912 and just picked up an Nvidia shield that i reallllly wanna play with but i told a buddy id get this thing running for him first.

so if someone could point me to a tutorial or 3 on how to flash this bitch id be eternally greatful. i dont need to be spoon fed... just point me in the right direction and i will get at er

do they still call em bios flashes? lol

thank you all in advance. i know how hard you work at this and how hard it can be hand holding someone thru things you all find easy... been there done that/
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

3. loren13

loren13 New Member

Thanks Homer.... er, Higgs.
    Mods make the world go round.

i will get to reading and will update you as to whether i was successful or built a Minix paperweight .

Loren
  4. loren13

loren13 New Member

Thanks again Higgs. the threads you posted for me were right on the money. i downloaded the firmware and the usb flash tool but my windows 10 laptop wouldnt see the x8h plus.. so i downloaded the zip for usb key but when i did the reset/boot it just went black screen after the android splash.... so i pulled out my old windows 7 lappy and the minix flashed the first time perfectly.

so no brick just a nice lollipop minix with 2 builds ..... should make my buddy happy.

thanks again guys, couldnt have done it without some help.
  5. donbonnne

donbonnne New Member

I cant get my burning tool to see my minix 8x h plus....been working on it for a while, if the rc2 firmware was in zip form i could probably flash through sd catd?
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator