1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

New Z64. Black Screen.

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Android OS' started by Kevin Salisbury, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Kevin Salisbury

Kevin Salisbury New Member

We are using a Xibo Digital Signage setup with two Neo X8's with no problems running 24x7 for over a week now. However, we like the specifications of the Z64's better so we ordered three to test. We just received three new Z64's yesterday to test in a digital signage use case (we'll eventually purchase dozens if this works). Here is what we did after unboxing one of the three units;

- Plugged in wired mouse and keyboard, video and finally power
    - Turned on
    - Set HDMI to use full screen
    - Attached to WiFi
    - Downloaded firmware update, applied and rebooted
    - Performed Factory reset
    - Logged in
    - Installed Xibo Android Client, connected it to our Xibo server and ran a standard presentation on a standard 1080p PC display. No issues when we left last night - probably watched it run for few hours.
    - Came in this morning to a blank/black screen. Power button does not work. Device and power supply did not feel overheated. Need to unplug/plugin device in order for it to reset. Tried a completely different display - still black. Confirmed both displays work on a X8. No matter what we do, the updated Z64 device does not appear to boot - we only see a blue LED and black screen. We are going to attempt to setup the other two, but we are curious to know if this is a known issue with the latest Android firmware or if we should do something different than the stated update instructions?
  2. Snopro

Snopro New Member

Same problem here.
    Any ideas what could be wrong?
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Try supplying the test software suite to MINIX,
    and let MINIX to debug it.
  4. Snopro

Snopro New Member

Newbi here
    Is there instructions for this somewhere?
    I can't seam to find it.
    Footlong1974 likes this.
  5. newjds26

newjds26 New Member

Hi,

i have the same problem with my new Mini Z64 A. Was working perfectly 2 days ago. Only use it for 2 dys and now i have a black screen.
    I try 5 hdmi cables and my 3 HDTV. I always have the black screen with the blue light. No image. Someone fix this trouble?

Thanks
  6. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Please contact your reseller and let them help you.
  7. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Please see PM, i also want to debug your app if posible.
  8. Kevin Salisbury

This has been fixed since the OP. Beyond HardwareGuru's firmware that he is working on that may fit your needs better than the stock firmware, we found that using the latest stock firmware seemed will work fine so long as the very first thing you do after turning the device on and connecting to the internet is download the latest stock firmware and reboot when finished. Do absolutely nothing else and make certain your internet connection is as stable as possible.
  9. Michaell

Michaell New Member

Hi Gents,

I have this problem too :( Untill yesterday my Neo Z64 A was working find, no problems at all. Now i can only see the blue light on the left when i power it up, but the tv screen stays black. I also tried several hdmi cables and tv, all the same.

I already tried to flash the Neo Z64 by rebooting while pressing f11, but the screen stays black. So i cant acces the Neo Z64, but i can see its working because of the blue light on the left and my usb stick flickering.

Is there any instructions about this problem, i could not find it myself.

@Snowpro & Kevin Salisbury, how did u guyz fixed this problem?
  10. Kevin Salisbury

All we do is make certain they are updated first thing out of the box. We always use the latest stock firmware as soon as it is on the internet. After that, no problems. We have dozens running 24x7- no issues now. Try contacting MINIX USA or your reseller to swap it if you are not having the same luck...
  11. Michaell

Michaell New Member

I have updated mine too with the latest firmware. What did you do with the one which did not boot, how did u solved this problem with that one?
  12. Michaell

Michaell New Member

Or anyone else with a solution, advice, help or instructions what to do...
  13. Jose Laydir

Jose Laydir New Member

I have the same problem too my Neo Z64 A was working fine no problems at all. Now i can only see the blue light on the left when i power it up, but the tv screen stays black. I also tried several hdmi cables and tvs, all the same. I can't see the Bios setup, my friend say the the AMI BIOS- video card Setup is disable - . What to do ? Restore a Ami bios, how ?
    I buy my Z64 in China and i leave in Brazil.
    I tried reflash the Neo Z64 by rebooting while pressing f11, but the screen stays black. So i can't acces the Neo Z64 PC Ami Bios, but i can see its working because of the blue light on the left and my usb stick flickering.
    Footlong1974 likes this.
  14. PLAY911

PLAY911 Member

Hi there, please can someone help with this.....I dont have access to bios....just black screen and blue led on

PLease help

Many thanks
  15. Fantilator

Fantilator New Member

Hello,

I have my Z64 android for about 1.7years now, and all was working fine until this morning. My TV says no signal, please check cable or input signal.
    The blue led is burning and the system is up and running as I can control it via teamviewer.
    The NEO Z64 gived me "HDMI disconnected" message.

As I cannot send a screenshot or link to the screenshot, I cannot show it to you.

I have tried different cables and TV's, when connecting the laptop to the TV all is working fine, when connecting the Neo Z64 screen is black.
    -Can it be that the HDMI controller has failed?
    -Can I successfully attach an usb to HDMI controller to connect to the TV?

Kind Regards
    Davy