1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Android newbie Newbie - NEO U1

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Howard McCray, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

Hello fellow Minix friends,

I am new to the Minix family and received my NEO U1 last night. I am always looking for ways to improve my digital experience and the first step was doing a lot of research and getting the NEO U1. I hooked it up this morning but before I could take a good look under the hood I had to (bummer) go to work.

I am excited about the Minix since I have been working with sub par tv boxes and from what I can tell I am taking a big step up. Some of the topics that I am looking for is Setup guides for Android system, VPN, Kodi and tricks, helps and hacks.

Taht i
    kingsizept likes this.
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Welcome and enjoy! :)
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Welcome :)
  4. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Hello there!
  5. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Welcome ;)

Sent by my S7 edge
  6. dryster

dryster Active Member

@Howard McCray - You made a good choice with the U1 and I would suggest the first thing you look into is if the unit has the latest firmware.
  7. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

Thank you and I played with it a bit yesterday but just barely scratched the surface. When you say that I need to "look into is if the unit has the latest firmware", will just updating the system give me the latest firmware or is there something more that I would need to do. Any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated
  8. mark2

mark2 Active Member

You got it just updating will give you the latest firmware use the blue icon system update app
  9. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

Thank you Mark2!!
  10. dryster

dryster Active Member

@Howard McCray - let us know how you get on with the initial update process, the later MINIX boxes have a better method, an evolution, of updating firmware but in some cases, it still can feel quite intimidating.
  11. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

@dryster - I will do that for sure. Thanks
  12. Howard McCray

Howard McCray New Member

I just completed the initial update and it went smooth, just had to set and forget it and boom it was install with no problems!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    dryster likes this.