1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Newbie: problem with unofficial addon sources

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by TedMac, Jul 3, 2017.

1. TedMac

TedMac New Member

Hi, managed to work our way around minix for the last year without having to cry for help but we have an issue now.
    We were using TV ADDONS for the last 6 months but began noticing buffering issues were becoming more common, so tried the usual cache clearance on both the minix system and using the 'indigo' program but to no avail so in a tired state decided to 'rejuvenate kodi ' in 'indigo'.
    When looking to download the new kodi firmware (17.3) it said it was incompatible with our device (Neo X8h plus). So we tried downloading SPMC on recommendation. Although we have had initial success at downloading this we are unable to add any source. We've tried 'teamxkodi.tk' and 'fusion.tvaddons.ag' but it says 'unable to connect' on both.
    What are we doing wrong?
    Any help greatly appreciated
    Tedmac
  2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

You may want to ask these questions at the appropriate sites.... if you can find them ;) Minix does not condone nor support third party addons ! Many addons are gone currently or down , TV Addons has dissapeared ! do a google search and you will find out what's going on !
  3. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

How's this a problem with firmware?

FYI http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc-firmware-june-2017.16633/
  4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

[Thread moved to Kodi/xbmc section and title edited.]
  5. TedMac

TedMac New Member

Thank you, appreciate the feedback. i've told my children (13, 12, 8) it's their responsibility to do the research from now on, afterall, they are the one's who use it!!! :D Old gits like me don't realize how quickly things move on these days! Will do a google search now. thanks.
  6. TedMac

TedMac New Member

Thank you
  7. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Sent you a PM may help you
  8. TedMac

TedMac New Member

much appreciated bro