1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

NEWBIE - Should I order a wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by ejhh, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ejhh

ejhh New Member

Hello all. I've just ordered a U1 to replace my old WDTV.

Is it recommended to get a decent keyboard/mouse or is the AirMouse good enough.

If I should get a keyboard, can anyone recommend a Bluetooth one that is known to work.

Many thanks

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Have you ordered the U1 with an airmouse?
    Which airmouse?

The A2 Lite is sufficient for everyday use!
    I recently bought a Wireless keyboard (Logitech K400 Plus) but have yet to use it.

3. ejhh

ejhh New Member

Hello Villa.
    Thanks for the reply. My package comes with two remotes. The Infra-red one and a C120 wireless air mouse.
    I'm not sure if the the C120 is older, newer or the same as the A2 Lite.

4. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

5. newbie99

newbie99 Ex Moderator

The C120 is a double-sided wireless air mouse with keyboard so I don't understand why you ask for another wireless keyboard (btw: it isn't older, it's not from MINIX, that's the difference)?

btw: I would never use a BT device as a wireless keyboard because I'm not sure if it will work at the Android system recovery (I don't think so) or I will get other BT trouble...

6. Keepsweeping

Keepsweeping Member

Hi EJHH
    I use a IOGear keyboard with a roller ball and roller wheel and it is superb. It is a bit expensive (£55) but it really works well

7. MartyMacfly

MartyMacfly New Member

As long as you have a mean to type you will be fine. Otherwise you will waste a lot of time picking up letters on the screen and your set up may take ages.