1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie with U1

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Dokuos, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Dokuos

Dokuos New Member

Hi everybody

I start make test with an U1, new for me.

Before i "played" with an X5, X5mini and X7, modifying the stock roms using FWFactory Tool 3.4 and some other software.

Now I want to do the same with U1 as change bootanimation, remove apk, add apk, change launcher and thinks like that.

In this case, I find somo software for AMLogic chip, as Amlogic customization tool, but don't work any.

Is like the firm have to be packed, but the official roms are one Zip file (that gives me error)

What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Hi,

Perhaps you have to be root to be able to modify the system ?

3. Dokuos

Dokuos New Member

I don't think so. I¡m talking about modify the firm out of the minix, with the PC.

With X5 mini I can do that with FWFactory tool, but now, I can't.....

Any idea?

Thank you

4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

There are two versions of the firmware file for downoad. The zip file for usb update and the img file for flashing with the burning tool. I'm guessing you need the img file.
    If you are getting errors unzipping the full firmware file to get the img file then its probably a corrupt/incomplete download.
    Try using a download manager.

5. Dokuos

Dokuos New Member

Yes Higgs, thats the problem. I wanted to work with the wrong rom. Now with img file works perfect.

Thank you very much