1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

News: How to get KODI 17 while running KITKAT 4.4!

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by drgn, Apr 6, 2017.

1. dryster

dryster Active Member

I have SMPC, XBMC and FTMC all coexisting. As I mentioned, SMPC 16.4.2 and the latest Minix XBMC 16.3 which obviously do not share directory structures with the original kodi and have a different exit menu than the official Jarvis 16.1 from the Kodi website, but FTMC has the 16.1 exit menu and after installation, has the same directory structure as kodi which I believe is not per the official Kodi guidelines for a fork.

SPMC 16.4.2 : /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc
    MINIX XBMC 16.3 beta : /sdcard/Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc/files/.xbmc
    FTMC v25 : /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

ok so just tried on an old x8-h i have ( kitkat 4.2.2) and your right, it doesn't install if kodi 16 is already installed.....
    .....its because the FTMC has the same package name as kodi >>> org.xbmc.kodi...thats not really as is should be afaik :(

EDIT ...as per @dryster above (y)

dryster likes this.
  3. gellimo

gellimo New Member

I deleted kodi and installed ftmc and now it works
  4. drgn

drgn New Member

Yes, you have to uninstall kodi 16.1 as FTMC is using the same package name but with different signature.

If you want to keep your existing addons and configurations of your kodi 16.1, follow these procedures (extracted from facebook group "new tv box sg")

1. Run es explorer, enable hidden file.
    2. Go to local SD, \android\data, and look for the folder "org.xbmc.kodi"
    3. rename the folder to "org.xbmc.kodiqq"
    4. Uninstall kodi
    5. Install FTMC, run it once
    6. Exit FTMC, run it again.
    7. Exit FTMC, go to \android\data, delete the folder "org.xbmc.kodi"
    8. rename the folder "org.xbmc.kodiqq" to "org.xbmc.kodi"
    9. run FTMC, go to settings, appearance, skin. Change skin to confluence. Change font to "arial based".
  5. frutiloopis

frutiloopis Member

How can I have kodi and FTMC together in the same device ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  6. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Read a few posts up you can't have kodi and FTMC on the same device
  7. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

:rolleyes:
  8. yuhaizad

yuhaizad New Member

Tried to install various kodi forks (ftmc, spmc 16.6.81,mygica etc.). None of them run on my minix neo z64a. Is it because of intelx86?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
  9. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Yes. You need the x86 version of those apps (if they exist).
  10. yuhaizad

yuhaizad New Member

http://download.semperpax.com/spmc/android-x86/

Downloaded the apk from there the x86 version. But still fail to run.[​IMG]

11. Higgs

12. yuhaizad

yuhaizad New Member

I downloaded the apk "d937365-x86". Unable to install bcos of parse error. Bcos android 4.4?
    About other kodi fork (ftmc, mygica), installation was okay, without error.
    After install, open it, a startup screen appear with logo and progress bar loading at bottom with text "preparing for first run"...after the progress bar finish loading, screen become blank and crashed back to home screen.
    Forced stop and tried to open again, only blank screen.

13. Higgs

It may be a corrupt download. Try a download from the link I posted above

That's because these are arm builds not x86.
  14. stevetat

stevetat New Member

Mygiga version is working well on my NEO X8-H PLUS :)
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  15. drgn

drgn New Member

Starting from build 26, FTMC has its own package name and data folder. So you can install FTMC and Kodi together in the same device.
  16. drgn

drgn New Member

The latest version of mygica media centre is based on kodi 17.0. This is the only kodi 17 fork that can run on android 4.4 boxes.

Procedures to install:
    1. install and run "firedl" from playstore.
    2. key in 60002 at the url box, click download.
  17. dryster

dryster Active Member

This thread is beginning to look more and more like a tutorial on how to install a trojan or a virus on your TV box.
  18. drgn

drgn New Member

Minix used to be leader in XBMC. However, it is falling behind a small company - mygica, and an individual from freaktab forum.
  19. dryster

dryster Active Member

The MyGica version, based on 17, runs well, and there is also one from EBMC which is a rebranded Mygica version. The FTMC is based on 16.1 with updated python library, so MMC and EBMC have superceded it, however, I'm sure it will not be long before FTMC is based on 17 or 17.1 and will run on 4.4

Kodi have made a huge blunder in not supporting KitKat, that was not the position they used to take when they boasted Kodi would run on almost everything, I wonder if an outside company is influencing them? - will they alienate part of the community even more with Kodi 18....?
  20. EdT586

EdT586 Member

MyGica aka Geniatech is not a small company, they are bigger than Minix !
    MyGica's retail reach is something Minix can only dream about, MyGica products are sold through retail giants like BestBuy, Canada Computers etc !
    In fact newer MyGica boxes can play Netflix HD which is something Minix can never get the license to !
    Last edited: May 3, 2017