1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

NGC-1 USB3 Problem

Discussion in 'NGC-1' started by Mojo2015, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Mojo2015

Mojo2015 New Member

Hi,

Mi configuration:
    - V1.2 BIOS updated
    - Windows 10 Professional

The problem occurs when I connect two devices at USB3 port, for example:

- Logitech keyboard k480
    - Sandisk memory usb

The system slows down and the keyboard works "jumps"... If I disconnect the memory usb all working again...
    may be the USB3 drivers ? ... how could i fix it?

Kind regards.
    Sergio
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

We tested 2 SanDisk drives + 1 Rapoo 2.4GHz keyboard & mouse set and they work OK.

May I know why the OS is Win 10 Pro?
  3. MINIX - Ken

4. MINIX - Ken

5. Mojo2015

Mojo2015 New Member

I have the latest driver and new batteries :)

"May I know why the OS is Win 10 Pro?" ---> Its a problem???

It would be some way back to Windows-based ???

(thanks for the demo video... and for all )
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2016
  6. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

So your issue is fixed?
  7. Mojo2015

Mojo2015 New Member

I will try to install the Windows-based to see if the problem is solved , there is a partition with the original system? or i can install with the cd that came in the box?
  8. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

There shouldn't be a CD that came in the box!
  9. Ulrich M

Ulrich M New Member

I have my Minix Ngc-1 for over a year now and had problems with the USB3 ports from the beginning. The Logitech mouse M510 with the appropriate Logitech USB dongle does not work properly and the mouse movement is very erratic. OK I got around that problem by buying a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. But recently I bought a Rosewill mechanical keyboard that plugs into one of the USB ports. With this new keyboard the Ngc-1 video playback stops working a few times a day and I have to restart the NGC-1 to get it working again. When I watch a video on YouTube suddenly the video and sound slow down to about 10% of normal speed. But this happens maybe 1 -3 times a day. When I go back to the Bluetooth Microsoft keyboard I have never seen this video slowing down problem. When the video slows Down in edge browser to 10% and I try to play a video using Microsoft Films&Tv program then that does not work either and I have to reboot.

But I have observed other problems when I have devices connected to the USB port like erratic mouse movement and the computer stalling which means the computer is not responding to mouse clicks or keyboard keys being pressed. Now I have noting connected to USB ports which makes them kind of useless.

I have my Intel drivers up to date using the Intel Driver Update utility. I just updated the drivers today.

I love the Ngc-1 but these USB problems starts wearing me out ...
  10. Ulrich M

Ulrich M New Member

I did some searching on the internet and found an article that explains why there are issues using a Logitech unified receiver in a USB3 port and why the associated mouse and keyboard don't work properly. Apparently there is some radiation on USB3 ports that interfere with the reception of the mouse/keyboard signals. The recommendation is to use an USB extension cord to move the Logitech unified receiver further away from the computer. Anyway I did that and now my Logitech M510 mouse works just fine. I am glad that finally I found a solution to this USB3 issue. My work around of using a Bluetooth mouse was not really satisfying since this Microsoft Bluetooth mouse is not nice to use and did not have a back or forward button. The Logitech mouse is ten times better.

However I am not sure why this is working because when I extend an USB3 port it is still a USB3 port. But it is working now with the extension cable.
  11. klm

klm New Member

Hi I use Logitech mk320, the windows it’s clean installed by me, and I didn’t have any problem (yes the USB dongle is hooked on the extension USB cable), but I tried Logitech mouse m325, was ok.
    Presently I have a USB external HD (my book WD with external power supply ), the dongle of Logitech mk320 and another HD (WD my passport) and it works OK