1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

NGC-1 V1.3 BIOS update

Discussion in 'NGC-1' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 8, 2016.

1. wombats

wombats New Member

Hi there i was searching for a way to get rid of the fact that after Every reboot or start up I end up in the Shell and have to type exit to start windows !
    The fact is mentioned in this thread but I can't find the solution ?!

I have updated the bios and the driver for the SSD and now updating windows to anniversary, but it drives me crazy cause a lot of reboots necessary so I end up in Shell again and again !
    Hope there is an easy fix !
  2. amdaley

amdaley Member

Try the following. It worked for me.

Press the on button on the Minix to start it.
    You will hear a beep. Press F11 which will give you a blue dialog box on screen.
    Using the up & down arrow on your keyboard highlight the Windows option & press OK. This will boot the Minix into Windows.
    When the Minix boots up press the power button on screen & select restart.
    If the Minix doesn't boot into Windows on the restart come back & we'll go to the next step.
    wombats likes this.
  3. wombats

wombats New Member

Thanks for your reply !
    I just solved it by changing the boot order , for some reason the windows boot manager wasn't selected! Now it just starts up without Shell :)
  4. amdaley

amdaley Member

Glad you got it sorted.
    Remember for the next time ;)
  5. Jacquemo

Jacquemo New Member

Kindly supply the details to update the SSD drive firmware. I have downloaded the file but it is a binary file and windows won't run it. Do I have to go into the control panel? Not having muck success. My drive is heating up and it shuts the NGC down and I have to reset it before it runs again after it cools. Pain in the neck!!!
  6. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

It is a zipped file of type 7z. All you need do is unpack it and the file within is an exe file.
  7. Jacquemo

Jacquemo New Member

Thanks Villa.
  8. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We are releasing FW2.9 for the SSD drive very soon (this week),

this FW perfectly solved the drive detection problem and we tested reboot for 6000+ times on each unit we tested.

Cheers~
  9. MINIX - Ken

10. MINIX - Ken

Can you try the latest SSD firmware V2.9?:
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=UpgradeFW_S9FM02.9(DLMC).7z

(Though I saw you fixed the issue by setting the boot order already.)
  11. stonstad

stonstad New Member

I tried installing a different version of Windows 10 from a USB stick. The installation fails and I'd like to try updating the BIOS. How do I update the BIOS if there is no OS installed?
  12. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator