1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

NGC-1

Discussion in 'NGC-1' started by Sunrisevalley, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Sunrisevalley

Sunrisevalley New Member

I expect to take delivery of my new NGC-1 early next week. When I boot it up will I get any messages about updates that I should download and "addresses" I should go to, to find them
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

3. Sunrisevalley

Sunrisevalley New Member

To perform the BIOS and SSD firmware checks I assume I need a browser installed. If so this should be one of the first things I do. OK ?????? Does the NGC-1 work better with one browser rather than another?
  4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Edge and internet explorer come perinstalled on Windows 10. You can install any other browser you like

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
  5. Sunrisevalley

Sunrisevalley New Member

6. Sunrisevalley

Sunrisevalley New Member

I have limited skills with Windows. I would appreciate suggestions how I might save these links to a memory stick that I could use in the new Minix to run these checks. Alternatively some other way to achieve this.
    Thank you
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2017
  7. Villa

You download them to your NGC-1 through a browser, unzip them and run the exe file!
  8. Sunrisevalley

Sunrisevalley New Member

so I will have to type in the URL rather than do a cut and paste??
  9. Villa

You just click on the links in my post! (y)
    Edit: Hmm, clicking on the SSD FW download gives me some gobbledegook! o_O

Ahh, right click, Save link as, works! :)
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  10. Sunrisevalley

Sunrisevalley New Member

But that will be on the "old" computer. I have to find a way to get it from the "old" onto NGC1
  11. Villa

You download the files direct on your NGC-1 using a browser!
    Open a browser on your NGC-1, navigate to the MINIXFORUM and this thread and download the files.
    If you have already downloaded them using another computer you can transfer them with a USB pendrive.