1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

no digital audio

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 004' started by bobush, May 2, 2015.

1. bobush

bobush New Member

My x8-h worked trouble free untill A week ago when I updated the original firmware to 03 firmware. From that moment on no digital audio. I regret doing the update as I thought that as it had been released 4 months earlier it would be bug free. The digital audio is a big issue for me as everything goes through my surround sound and audio isnt good without it. Minix support advised me of a new update due shortly which should fix it. Installed fota update this morning to 20150428 and no digital audio. When the x8 is 1st booted up there is a digital output as it can be seen via the fibre optic cable. Within 30 seconds it stops. Anyone else having similar problems of can suggest a solution? I dont want to go through a full resett and loose all my xbmc / apps i have spent months getting the way I want it. In addition it can only be done using a pc which I dont have access to as we only have macs. Help!
  2. bobush

bobush New Member

Update. Managed to get digital output by switching off " no output to usb audio and also digital audio auto detection off as well. I then went to digutal audio output and set it to spdif passthrough. Googled what this means and it means my multi channel 5.1 audio wont work on all channels. At least i have some digital sound. Minix... not good.. updates shouldnt
  3. bobush

bobush New Member

Since update box now freezes up all the time. Hopeless
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

There is always hope!
    All firmware that we've released are available here!
    You could always flash it back if you believe the new one is causing troubles!