1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

No screen on 720p

Discussion in '[Bugtracker] NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 9 firmware' started by telefoontoestel, Nov 17, 2014.

1. telefoontoestel

telefoontoestel New Member

Hi there.
    I already posted my issues in the beta-9 thread, but i reckon that it's more appropriate to place here.

The issue:
    The latest beta is not able to display any screen on my 720p LG tv (about 6 year old). Any rollback to previous beta firmware or even stock isn't able to correct this issue, so for now I cannot use the device for the intented purpose. On a 1080p LG tv the minix functions without problems.

What did I try:
    • I switched HDMI cables, and tried the same cable on the 720p and the 1080p tv
    • I tried re├»nstalling the beta 9 firmware (when returning to the 1080p after trying the 720p tv for a moment it displays 'invalid format', see https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85963520/20141026_171816.mp4 13 seconds in)
    • I tried installing the beta 8 firmware
    • I tried installing the beta 2 firmware
    • I tried re├»nstalling the stock firmware (doesn't work anymore since the issue occurred)
    • I tried setting the output resolution to 720p manually and turn of auto-detection